Sign in with
Your question

Video card questions.

Last response: in Windows 8
January 3, 2013 4:27:11 AM

Hello, I recently got a windows 8. Right when I got it, I decided to test it's performance with games, and it was not good at all. On a good day it can run minecraft with 10 fps.

My question is, what are the best ways to upgrade my laptop, with a 300$ budget. I don't know if I need to upgrade a graphics card or what, but any advice is needed.

If I can upgrade my laptop's graphic card, here are my specs.
Intel(R) core i3-2365m @1.40GHz
RAM: 4 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor
Producer: ASUS
Also, I checked out their website, and here is there motherboard.
Link: http://event.asus.com/mb/windows_8/

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to a helpful response.

Note: I am HORRIBLE with computers.

More about : video card questions

January 3, 2013 4:30:54 AM

85% of laptops you cant upgrade. What type of laptop do you have? I suggest you do research on Toms, then ask questions
m
l
January 3, 2013 5:00:14 AM

TheProfit10 said:
Hello, I recently got a windows 8. Right when I got it, I decided to test it's performance with games, and it was not good at all. On a good day it can run minecraft with 10 fps.

My question is, what are the best ways to upgrade my laptop, with a 300$ budget. I don't know if I need to upgrade a graphics card or what, but any advice is needed.

If it is a graphics card I need, can it be any old windows 7 graphics card? Or is it different to windows 8.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to a helpful response.

Note: I am HORRIBLE with computers.

Well even though MANOFKRYPTONAK was being a bit more of a dick then necessary he is right. Very Few laptops can be upgraded their processor and graphics are usually part of the motherboard and can't be replaced.

m
l
Related resources
January 3, 2013 2:12:52 PM

Okay, I added my computer specs and a picture of their motherboard if it is helpful.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b * Windows 8
January 5, 2013 6:32:31 AM

As others have stated, it is hard to upgrade graphics card on any laptop. Higher performance graphics cards will create increased heat problems. Also, it may not physically fit.

Since you have a 64-bit OS you can upgrade (add) the RAM to 8 GBs. Check the motherboard specs to find out the type of RAM and the maximum RAM that it can accommodate. Upfrading the RAM will give you some performance increase.

The motherboard that you linked above in your post is for a desktop; not for a laptop.
m
l
!