Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which Case For Final Build?

Last response: in Systems
April 25, 2010 9:43:03 AM

Hello, so I'm building a new rig and I'm torn between these 3 cases. On one hand the HAF can go liquid cooling, the AZZA is the cheapest, and has a good number of fans, and the Antec has 6 fans and a great reputation.

Antec- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

HAF- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

AZZA- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

So I'm asking, which is the best case to pick?

More about : case final build

Best solution

April 25, 2010 11:11:03 AM

The Antec 300 ILLUSION (ILLUSION ONLY) comes with fans and, yes, a very good case and a great value ...

... The HAF is a way better case, tho, and does not cost all that much more.

... most folks with some flex in their budget go with the HAF-922 ... I just like the looks and price of the Antec better ... but one good close look at the interior and accessories should reveal that the HAF is just more friendly to people and components.

= Al =
Related resources
April 25, 2010 12:39:19 PM

Eg Lawns said:
How about this HAF case? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Yes ... that is the case most often recommended by our best techs ... Best all-around value for the money.

I recommend the Antec 300 ILLUSION (the "illusion" model includes fans) ... because it is the best "good" case you can get for thee least money ... but the HAF-922 is WAY better and for not that much more money, so a majority of builders end up with the HAF.

I just think that the case is the most obvious place to shave cost ... and, hence, the Antec 300 ILLUSION.

= Alvin =
m
l
April 25, 2010 12:48:16 PM

I am gunna by the cheaper HAF, but am going to add a 200mm fan to the side. I will post my build after I chose the perfect 5850. If you could help me with that it would be appreciated.
m
l
April 25, 2010 12:49:57 PM

I'll 2nd that the Haf922 is an awesome case.
But I don't think it's worth shaving $25 to get a cheaper case. The Haf922 does have a few good features on it that's worth the extra money. But I will add that you should probably get a side 200mm fan with it. Which is an extra $20 right there. It certainly helps for better cooling IMO.
m
l
April 25, 2010 12:57:09 PM

Ah ... Fastx !

Glad you are awake ! ... Now I can go to bed and sleep well, knowing the forum is in good hands ...

... nite-nite ... ZZZzzzzz

= :sleep:  =
m
l
April 25, 2010 1:05:02 PM

Hmm thanks? sounded a bit sarcastic.

Either way why am I always awake at 6 am (not 9) on sundays.
m
l
April 25, 2010 2:24:38 PM

What about sapphire? I have always had a preference for sapphire. Is this better then the one you showed me?
m
l
April 25, 2010 2:36:27 PM

Sapphire is good as well. I'm just going on the lifetime warranty. All 5850s are same besides the headsink/cover and packaging so get whichever you like.
m
l
April 25, 2010 4:29:24 PM

fastx21 said:
Hmm thanks? sounded a bit sarcastic.

Either way why am I always awake at 6 am (not 9) on sundays.

Naw ... not sarcastic ... I was pullin threads, pretty much alone for a couple of hours, there. ... Was workin a few active ones that I didn't want to leave hangin' ... was truly glad you showed up.

I did get 2 hour sleep and just had that first cup of espresso ... off to brunch with my kid.

= Al =
m
l
April 25, 2010 4:37:36 PM

Eg Lawns said:
What about sapphire? I have always had a preference for sapphire. Is this better then the one you showed me?

Sapphire ... Sapphire ... How do I love thee ? ... Let me count the ways !

I like 'em because they have been around since, like, seems like almost 20 years but not quite that long. They have always pulled great reviews and in those reviews, it has been written that they use all Japaneese coils and caps and that they have lowest noise and RF ... and a very low failure/DOA rate ... They prolly sell more cards than the next two makers combined and I have owned a few ... Always good for my uses.

They are also a good value and often cost less. XFX and PNY and EVGA are my other favorites ... I would also get an MSI if others are out of stock. Not worth waiting if any of these are out of stock ... just get one of the others ... The drivers are handled by nVidia/ATi anyway.

= Al =
m
l
April 25, 2010 6:21:32 PM

Best answer selected by Eg Lawns.
m
l
!