Couple of T2X questions

First, should the T2X loader keep running after I exit the game? Seems
like it should exit when the game exits.

Second, in mission 3 - The City Sleeps, I hear Zaya say something about
shooting a lever. There is no lever anywhere near. A few corners and
streets away there is a lever above where two guards were that opens a
combo lock. There is also a lever that opens a gate they were guarding.
Did I miss some other lever earlier or did they just screw up the
activation for that bit of speech?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 08:42:23 -0500, Michael Cecil wrote:

    > First, should the T2X loader keep running after I exit the game? Seems
    > like it should exit when the game exits.

    It doesn't detect whether Thief is running, so must be manually closed.
    Apparently, it sets and resets some config files in the Thief directories.

    > Second, in mission 3 - The City Sleeps, I hear Zaya say something about
    > shooting a lever. There is no lever anywhere near. A few corners and
    > streets away there is a lever above where two guards were that opens a
    > combo lock. There is also a lever that opens a gate they were guarding.
    > Did I miss some other lever earlier or did they just screw up the
    > activation for that bit of speech?

    Sounds like the latter. She spoke at the right point for me. Did you go
    near the guards, and then run away from them while they were talking?
    Perhaps Zaya's mention of the lever is time-activated (after the guards'
    discussion).
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> kirjoitti
    viestissä:6o5p815abbr7k2k4vnqigq69rpubc7js0l@4ax.com...
    > First, should the T2X loader keep running after I exit the game? Seems
    > like it should exit when the game exits.
    >
    > Second, in mission 3 - The City Sleeps, I hear Zaya say something about
    > shooting a lever. There is no lever anywhere near. A few corners and
    > streets away there is a lever above where two guards were that opens a
    > combo lock. There is also a lever that opens a gate they were guarding.
    > Did I miss some other lever earlier or did they just screw up the
    > activation for that bit of speech?

    Don't know about the T2X loader -- mine refuses to start from that, only via
    Darkloader.

    For me that bit of speech came at the right time -- but those are the levers
    Zaya referred to.

    I thought that the third mission was fantastic! I had a hell of a good time
    on the Thieves' Highway. So much to explore -- wow! I also liked the
    museum -- heck, I'm loving the whole game. It's not 100% perfect, but
    considering the scope of the T2X and that it is, in essence, an entirely new
    Thief game made by fans (with real lives) for free -- what little there
    remains that I feel could've been polished a bit more, suddenly becomes
    entirely meaningless.

    - Mika L
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Mika Latokartano" <mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote
    in message news:d6i60p$e8s$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...

    > I thought that the third mission was fantastic! I had a hell of a good
    time
    > on the Thieves' Highway. So much to explore -- wow! I also liked the
    > museum -- heck, I'm loving the whole game. It's not 100% perfect, but
    > considering the scope of the T2X and that it is, in essence, an entirely
    new
    > Thief game made by fans (with real lives) for free -- what little there
    > remains that I feel could've been polished a bit more, suddenly becomes
    > entirely meaningless.

    Absolutely true. Although I do find myself wishing they'd left some of the
    sounds alone. The new footsteps sounds are dreadful...but it seems churlish
    to say so!

    JJ (UK)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:25:55 GMT, "JJ \(UK\)" <nah@way.com> wrote:

    >"Mika Latokartano" <mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote
    >in message news:d6i60p$e8s$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...
    >
    >> I thought that the third mission was fantastic! I had a hell of a good
    >time
    >> on the Thieves' Highway. So much to explore -- wow! I also liked the
    >> museum -- heck, I'm loving the whole game. It's not 100% perfect, but
    >> considering the scope of the T2X and that it is, in essence, an entirely
    >new
    >> Thief game made by fans (with real lives) for free -- what little there
    >> remains that I feel could've been polished a bit more, suddenly becomes
    >> entirely meaningless.
    >
    >Absolutely true. Although I do find myself wishing they'd left some of the
    >sounds alone. The new footsteps sounds are dreadful...but it seems churlish
    >to say so!
    >
    >JJ (UK)

    You could always unpack the snd.crf file (it's just a zip) from the
    original T2 RES folder and see which file is used for the footsteps. Then
    just delete (or rename) the corresponding file in the T2X folder and the
    Dark Engine will use the default on in snd.crf.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:25:55 +0000, JJ (UK) wrote:

    > Absolutely true. Although I do find myself wishing they'd left some of the
    > sounds alone. The new footsteps sounds are dreadful...but it seems
    > churlish to say so!

    I thought that the original Thief sounded like a tap-dancer. Since our
    current caricature is of the gentler persuasion, with possibly smaller
    (and surely sweeter-smelling) feet, I am glad to hear a lighter, more
    feminine footstep.

    Or maybe I just don't like tap-dancing.

Games Video Games