How should I configure my airflow system

Crossblizzard

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
Hello, I'm building a custom pc case. It will be a vertical motherboard style, like the silver stone cases, though this one is alot smaller. It will probably fit three 92mm fans at the bottom, one 200mm fan at the side and one 92mm fan at the top. Which fans should be outblowing and intake? Thankful for all help and I sorry for the bad english ^.^'

tribulator135

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
In my opinion the three 92mm fans at the bottom should be intake, and the 200mm at the side and the 92mm fan on the top should be exhaust, or out-blowing I'm not sure exactly what the technical term would be for that. Then again if your power supply is at the bottom below where your three 92mm fans would be (like in the silver stone raven) you may want it to be the opposite so that your not sucking up the heat from your psu into the rest of the case

Generally front and side fans are intake. Top and back fans are exhaust.

Whether the PSU is top or bottom mounted does not change the rules.

Because the PSU fan is also exhaust, you will not suck up the heat from your PSU into the rest of the case.

If it's a custom case, put a larger fan on top. The system will probably be quieter and cool just as well if you substitute two 120 mm fans for the three 92 mm fans.

Crossblizzard

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
oh but this will be a skinny bad boy :D
It will be exactly 12cm wide so i guess ther is no room for 12cm fan.

Maybe I should throw this idea with the reversed motherboard avay and get three 92mm (with lower rpm/lower sound) on the top too?