Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard Audio Chipsets

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 7, 2011 1:53:06 PM

Hello,
i was repairing this machine and it failed to install the audio drivers.i later found that the problem is with the audio chipsets on the motherboard not functioning.how do i repair them?
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 7, 2011 3:12:32 PM

It's rare for an audio chipset to fail. I would check windows control panel for conflicts or device drivers that didn't install properly. Uninstall any devices with a mark next to them. After rebooting, have the driver cd (from the motherboard) or vista or windows 7 dvd's ready to find the drivers if needed.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 7, 2011 4:29:19 PM

You can't repair the chipset if there is an issue, double-check you are using the correct drivers. If nothing you try works, either get an add-on sound card or a new motherboard.
m
l
January 9, 2011 5:09:27 PM

Quote:
Hello,
i was repairing this machine and it failed to install the audio drivers.i later found that the problem is with the audio chipsets on the motherboard not functioning.how do i repair them?

Make sure on-board audio is enabled in bios.

With my last system both the on board audio and Ethernet failed, the motherboard was fine however it was actually a bad power supply. I have never heard of anyone else having the same issue, might not even be worth checking.

m
l
!