Wordperfect x3 windows 7

evanjva1

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
I can open and save previously created WordPerfect X3 documents on a computer running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit but when I want to create a WPD on the same computer I get a Perfect Fit Document screen and it will not save.

I can't download Xp mode with Home Premium and don't need Professional or Ultimate features.

Any help is appreciated. I hate to think Corel just wants to make more bucks by making me upgrade to X4 or X5. I remember when Corel used to do that with Corel Draw by using a new extension with each upgrade.

evanjva1

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011

I have OpenOffice and MS Word but they take the long way around to do jobs WordPerfect does now. Doing labels in MS Word is a pain.

I am already using WordPerfect X3 on another Windows 7 machine without a hitch. There has to be some compatablilty issue with this Windows 7 machine. I can't find how to make it compatable with older programs.

evanjva1

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
To all the naysayers, I uninstalled X3, reinstalled, rebooted, let the update that appeared on my computer install, rebooted again, and X3 now works on Windows 7, 32 bit, Home Premium!

The main reason I like WP is that I have used it since before MS Works was even a cointender in the Office enviornment.

PSB

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

Thank you for your information... I love WordPerfect--have used other programs, but they don't compare! I never want to switch. I wanted to know if I could install WP X3 on my new laptop, and your answer was best. Thank you!

bsp131

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
I uninstalled WPx3, reinstalled and rebooted but I did not get a message for any update. I checked the Corel support on its website and it does not even support WPx3 anymore.