Best Free Remote Desktop for Win. 7?

penguin5

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
I am using windows 7 64bit Home Premium on my desktop and would like to find a way to use my netbook with ubuntu linux on it to connect to my windows 7 desktop at home. Is there a free alternative to do this? I tried doing some research online but there are so many options I dont even know where to begin. Besides there is no way of knowing if I can use linux to connect to windows 7 machine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Alex

Solution
I assume this is what you found:

Does LogMeIn support Windows 7?
LogMeIn officially supports Windows 7.

Note:
Windows 7 has not been tested with LogMeIn Backup or Network Console. We do not recommend that you use Windows 7 with LogMeIn Backup at this time, due to the potential for data loss.

That says it DOES support Windows 7 (hard to imagine it wouldn't given the potential loss of business from such a core product). What it DOESN'T support is LogMeIn Backup or Network Console. That's a completely different product.

Remember too, there’s really isn’t any data to be lost w/ a remote desktop application anyway (iow, it doesn’t even make sense). But obviously one could imagine a data loss issue w/ a BACKUP application...

penguin5

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
LogMeIn site says that they dont recommend using it with Windows 7 due to potential data loss. Do you use it under Windows 7 fine?

As for LANoi is it supported by linux also?

Thanks for your suggestions. very much appreciate it.

I assume this is what you found:

Does LogMeIn support Windows 7?
LogMeIn officially supports Windows 7.

Note:
Windows 7 has not been tested with LogMeIn Backup or Network Console. We do not recommend that you use Windows 7 with LogMeIn Backup at this time, due to the potential for data loss.

That says it DOES support Windows 7 (hard to imagine it wouldn't given the potential loss of business from such a core product). What it DOESN'T support is LogMeIn Backup or Network Console. That's a completely different product.

Remember too, there’s really isn’t any data to be lost w/ a remote desktop application anyway (iow, it doesn’t even make sense). But obviously one could imagine a data loss issue w/ a BACKUP application.

And no, I personally haven't used it w/ Windows 7.

Solution