forever3black

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Hi.
New to this site. I started my Dell 2350 desktop ( I know, get a new one you dinasour) and got a black screen system32 corrupt ....windows can't start. Saw the repair-recovery screen , thought I followed the prompts, installed serv.pk 1 but never had the option repair or recover. Instead I now have windows xp that loads in a safe mode with no programs or the ability to access the internet. I try to run certain commands and get flagged (not supported). I can press the 8 key on startup and get to the start in safe mode with networking or command prompt. With networking, that safemode xp loads. With the command prompt I get a screen full of ....multi(0)disk(0)rddisk(0)partition(2)mydocs\system32\drivers.w/ (different letters at the end).... I can't scroll up or down, its just frozen. eventually loading that stupid xp safe mode.If I can remove that safe mode xp and get back to the original corrupt message, maybe I can restore or recover my reg. windows startup following proper instruction.. Snooky