July 4, 2010 12:54:19 AM

Looks pretty cool to me!
idk who did this tho

More about : found intresting case

a c 104 ) Power supply
July 4, 2010 2:20:00 PM

Be a nice idea as a case Mod,
Whoever drew it needs art classes for perspective tho hehe :p 
If I was to attempt something like that, I'd think of putting some grills like gills slanted diagonally forward on the top, just behind the (Ears?) and have a couple of 120's venting out the hot air, if you have that big body on top, you wouldnt need a top on the case so youd have to have a frame to mount any fans etc up there,
the fan at the front, I'd have the grill shaped like Uvula, the dangly down bit at the back of the throat :p 
but if its watercooled system you wouldnt want/need quite so many fans in there
and Im not sure about the nasal sockets, it might be tough to get them to fit just where you want, the muzzle would have to be exactly moulded to the socket plate you have.
You planning on building it? be nice to see if you are
Moto
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
July 4, 2010 2:31:42 PM

doesnt seem to have good ventilation, especially considering hot air rises. although it looks pretty cool :lol: 
m
l
July 4, 2010 3:25:36 PM

yeah id really like to know who did this i downloaded the pic from 4chan just looking around and found this im like what?

tbh this looks like something a 15 year old drew when he/she was bored
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 4, 2010 3:28:28 PM

erm, in that case i drew it, its my design and I'll license it to you solely for 10,000 G.B.P.
:p 
Moto
m
l
July 4, 2010 3:32:37 PM

moto very funny

if i could build something like this i would

think of all the material you would need for the head tho :( 
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 4, 2010 3:44:48 PM

loads of Materials to choose from, chicken wire and papier mache, glassfibre resin, plastic, hell modelling clay formed thinly over a frame for the body then add the extremities over that, imagination is the key, then allow just enough reality into the equation as necessary (fireproof,strength,stability etc)
Moto
m
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
July 4, 2010 3:45:34 PM

The recycle bin is a great resource for materials! Build it!
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 4, 2010 3:49:37 PM

Im getting a field of dreams moment hehe,
If you build it.....................
m
l
July 4, 2010 3:52:12 PM

If it were a custom case, it would be best with only w/c holes, and taking out the 250mm fan. There is no point of adding in extra things that won't be used for a custom case, unless you wanted to have options for the future.
m
l
July 4, 2010 3:56:03 PM

i think we all agree here this would be an awesome case with a few modifications from the picture
m
l
July 4, 2010 4:21:36 PM

well, imo, it looks a bit over the top aesthetically.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 4, 2010 4:23:32 PM

it does, maybe just a dragon in 2D on the side.
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 4, 2010 4:40:23 PM

Thats just the thing, someone somewhere will fall in love with it and want it, Casemods are personal likes, I love my case but you may not care for it, so whoever designed this one originally, obviously that what he/she was after, whoever they are, I hope they get it built :) 
And if its inspried you to do a 2D version, so much the better, 2 cases from one idea.
Moto
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 4, 2010 10:36:29 PM

lol quite random really...i would like a case like that, but i would never undertake a mod like that. honestly, the most complicated case mod i did was drilling a bunch of little holes in a sff case-and i failed at that lol.
m
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
July 4, 2010 10:44:31 PM

You should use a "Greenlee" or a "hole saw" for making holes in sheet metal.
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 5, 2010 6:08:45 AM

I would if I had one :p  I drill marker holes inside the circumference of the piece I need to remove, then use either a hacksaw blade or cutting pliers, dependant on the particular job in hand :p 
but yes, proper tools for the job are a win everytime :) 
Moto
m
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
July 5, 2010 11:58:48 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
I would if I had one :p  I drill marker holes inside the circumference of the piece I need to remove, then use either a hacksaw blade or cutting pliers, dependant on the particular job in hand :p 
but yes, proper tools for the job are a win everytime :) 
Moto

You are correct!

If the hole is not too large, and you have the right sized drill, then it is possible to sandwich (clamp) the sheet metal between 2 thick pieces of wood, and then drill thru the entire mess. High RPMs and low feed will work quite well.
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 5, 2010 3:56:17 PM

Yeah, a lot of people dont think to clamp the sheet, stops it bending or the drill chewing it up

Although theres a lot to be said for just losing it sometimes :p 

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/285256-10-bsod-ulti...

This was a carefully designed and created mod, dont try to recreate without similar planning please :p 
Moto
m
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
July 5, 2010 4:24:41 PM

LMAO!
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 5, 2010 5:22:59 PM

you like? :) 
Moto
m
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
July 5, 2010 5:25:57 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
you like? :) 
Moto

Yes, that is a nice mod link that you posted!
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 5, 2010 5:26:24 PM

hehe thank you :) 
Moto
m
l
July 5, 2010 6:04:46 PM

+1 to coolness factor whoever tries this dragon mod but be sure to post!
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 5, 2010 7:28:12 PM

just +1? Pfft, not even worth me thinking about it hehe.
My modelling skills wouldn't even touch on something that intricate and detailed but I wish they did
Moto
m
l
!