malondigash

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Hi, I'm planning to build a new pc ad wanted to know if the parts I chose were compatable. The parts are:

Processor: Intel Core i7 Processor i7-920 2.66GHz 8 MB LGA1366 CPU BX80601920
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX
HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 32 MB Cache
GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-N945-LR GeForce 9400 GT 1GB
RAM: Corsair CMD8GX3M4A1600C8 Dominator 8 GB 4 x 2

I still need a motherboard so I apreciate any suggestions. Please let me know if there's anything i could improve, thanks.

Solution
looks very good.

the PSU is massive overkill, a vx550 would suffice and still have plenty of headroom.

i personally wouldn;t get a 'green' HDD. but thats a perosnal choice, i'd want more performance. are you specifically looking for a green drive?

what are you planning on doing with this rig? I'm wondering if the 9400gt is a good choice. obviously its not going to game well, but if you are in it for productivity a 5 series card from ATI may be a better choice (offering 3 monitors form a single card if you ever need it)

welshmousepk

Distinguished
looks very good.

the PSU is massive overkill, a vx550 would suffice and still have plenty of headroom.

i personally wouldn;t get a 'green' HDD. but thats a perosnal choice, i'd want more performance. are you specifically looking for a green drive?

what are you planning on doing with this rig? I'm wondering if the 9400gt is a good choice. obviously its not going to game well, but if you are in it for productivity a 5 series card from ATI may be a better choice (offering 3 monitors form a single card if you ever need it)

Solution

malondigash

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
I'm actually building the computer for a cousin of mine who wanted a to get a new computer since he started college. I chose the green because it's 2TB version is a lot cheaper than the 2TB version of the caviar black but I think I'm just gonna let him choose between that and the black 1TB version, and he can just buy an external hard drive when he get's more money. I think he just want's the computer for graphic design programs and stuff like that.