Need very last component, RAM please help!

My Build is

Mobo - ASUS P6X58D Premium

PSU - Corsair 1000w

Cooler - Water

RAM - *Missing* (Looking for some which would be best for my system)

Case - Corsair 800D

CPU - Intel Core I7-930

HDD - Samsung F3 Spinpoint

GPU - 2x 5970

OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

And i'm gonna OC the CPU to about 4ghz.

I was thinking some RAM that can get OC'ed, i made a thread before like this and a guy suggested i get the CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 7-7-7-20

I asked if anyone can confirm that those are near the best, but i had no reply even after several days, so i decided to make a new thread, and here we are. So, is there any better ram that is better than those above? (for oc)
9 answers Last reply
More about need component help
  1. Corsair RAM is overpriced. You can get the same specs from G.Skill for less money. I've been using G.Skill RAM in recent builds and I haven't been disappointed yet. This CAS 7 DDR3 1600 kit that runs at 1.5v is about as good as it gets.

G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI $189.99

The fact that it runs at 1.5v should mean that it has plenty of overclocking headroom.
  2. Actually had those suggested before, but sadly i couldn't find anyone who sells/ship them to Denmark in Europe :S
  3. Newegg doesn't ship to europe, I can guarantee that you can find a local store or local online store in Denmark or you can get the wares from other countries in Europe.

I am living in Germany and I get my components mainly from :
    www.kmelektronik.de
    www.alternate.de
    www.atelco.de
    www.mindfactory.de
    www.arlt.com

BTW : Is this the RAM you want?
    http://www.alternate.de/html/product/Arbeitsspeicher_DDR3-1600/G.Skill/DIMM_6_GB_DDR3-1600_Tri-Kit/389051/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Arbeitsspeicher&l2=DDR3&l3=DDR3-1600
  4. I see, thanks. What timings do you think i can get with those G.Skill ones?
  5. Well, they're rated at 7-8-7-24 timings at 1.5v. The Intel chips have a maximum RAM voltage limit of 1.65v. You would just have to play with them to see what they'd do at 1.65v if that's what you want to do. Even the stock CAS 7 timings at 1600MHz is very fast.
  6. Hard to say. I usually do trial error for the timmings to find the most stable condition.
    I change also the frequency if necessary.
    Good luck with your OC.

Perhaps someone else can help you with the last question.
  7. So, what would the difference be between 6gb and 12gb of those RAM? (In games)
  8. Only for games...the diffrence between 6 and 12 GB RAM is , according to my knowledge, not much..
    Not necessary for gaming to go 12GB RAM at this moment...
  9. You will see absolutely no difference between 6GB & 12GB when gaming. Even 4GB is plenty for a gaming system.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build RAM Corsair Components Systems Product