Driver viaagp1 failed to load at startup

Have a Compaq Presario S5600UK (Model DN172A-ABU) which is just a year old.
The hard drive failed a month back and was replaced under warranty, so I am
reinstalling everything, slow and careful.

I successfully installed Win XP Home from the Compaq recovery disk (dated
Fall 2003). This was a clean install, and consistently gave no (inexplicable)
error messages in the system logs at Windows start up.

Next step was to upgrade to Win XP Pro using a "Version 2002" upgrade disk.
Seemed to go OK, but now at every startup the system logs consistently
recorded: "Error: Service Control Manager: The following boot-start or
system-start driver(s) failed to load: viaagp1"

I have continued to load SP2 and all of the available critical, hardware
and software updates, but the viaagp1 driver error persists at startup.

Would much appreciate any help to explain and to clear this error message

Alan_N <AlanN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Have a Compaq Presario S5600UK (Model DN172A-ABU) which is just a year old.
>The hard drive failed a month back and was replaced under warranty, so I am
>reinstalling everything, slow and careful.
>
>I successfully installed Win XP Home from the Compaq recovery disk (dated
>Fall 2003). This was a clean install, and consistently gave no (inexplicable)
>error messages in the system logs at Windows start up.
>
>Next step was to upgrade to Win XP Pro using a "Version 2002" upgrade disk.
>Seemed to go OK, but now at every startup the system logs consistently
>recorded: "Error: Service Control Manager: The following boot-start or
>system-start driver(s) failed to load: viaagp1"

VIA drivers are for the mainboardof your computer. You may want to
reinstall them and/or consult the manufacturer of the computer for
about if newer drivers are available.

--
(tm)