rav3nclaw

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Hi!

so few days ago i buyed myself a new SSD drive. reinstalled windows and installed all the drivers but the SSD is giving terible performance....

brez-naslova.jpg

i didnt finish the test couse it was taking like 1h or more... but i guess you get the idea anyway.

You might have the wrong disk mode set in your BIOS under the 'Integrated Peripherals' menu. Check the disk controller settings in your BIOS. It should read:

OnChip SATA controller: Enabled
OnChip SATA Type: AHCI
OnChip SATA Port4/5 Mode: As SATA Type

IDE, AHCI, or RAID. Refer to your motherboard's manual page 48.

Let us know what it says. Also, which SATA port is the disk connected to (numbered SATA2_0-SATA2_5?)? The top 4 ports are driven by one controller and the bottom 2 another.

Do you have any other drives attached to this motherboard (HDDs or SSDs)? Which ports are they attached to?

Which port is the SSD connected to? What is the WEI score for the disk? 5.9 is a good indicator it's running in the incorrect mode?

Also, see my updates above in case you have it plugged into the 4 or 5 port.

rav3nclaw

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
yes i have a nother HDD attached to the top Sata ports also the SSD is in the top port. i dunno witch number those ports are.

The top four ports are numbered SATA2_0-SATA2_3. That's not good at all if you already have it set to AHCI and the speeds are like that.

Have you tried it the SSD in port 4 or 5 (one of the bottom 2) to see if that works? It uses a different disk controller.

You have to make sure the OnChip SATA Port4/5 Mode is set to 'As SATA Type' in the BIOS.

I just ran that same test on my laptop and it completed in under 4 minutes. The fact that your waiting an hour and getting low read / write speeds for those that do post, would make me call Verbatim customer support. We know most of the companies will advertise speeds a little exaggerated because these are under absolute optimum conditions, but you're way to low.

You did a clean install of the OS on this drive? Have you tried a different SATA cable?

Doesn't seem like it's running as advertised.

2 things might help:

1-Update your motherboard BIOS to the latest production release level. This will ensure optimum compatibility.

2-Check the verbatim site for a firmware update for the drive and follow the directions as necessary.

Are you running Win 7 or Vista?

rav3nclaw

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
updated bios already, coudnt find firmware on ther website and iam runing win 7... btw performance decreased again after PC reboot ://

Almost seems like a TRIM issue.

Your seeing performance degradation the more you do. Normally if there were a TRIM issue, a firmware update would be out there to resolve it. My advice would be to call Verbatim.