Toshiba Satellite 2415 Recovery Disks? Please?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
September 23, 2004 10:52:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I recently purchased what I thought was a Toshiba Satellite 1415-S173
(as was stated by seller and is on the bottom of the case). When I
attemped to load windows XP, I was met with a Toshiba GeForce4 420 GO
driver crash which blue screens windows. Next, I obtained the
recovery disks from a good sumaritan and tried to restore to factory
settings. I was told that my machine was a 2415 by the recovery disk.
After checking with "Fresh Diagnose", it reported different model,
serial number and part numbers than on the sticker on the case. I
assume this means the motherboard was swapped? So, now I am back to
trying to get the native video drivers to run on this machine.

So, would there be another kind soul out there willing to let me
download images of the recovery disks for a Toshiba Satellite 2415
model?

Does anyone know of freeware applications that I could test the video
hardware with?

Just FYI, I have loaded all drivers from the toshiba support site for
both the 1415 and 2415 models without success. I have tried both
windows XP home and pro. I am at wits end with this machine. I would
greatly appreciate any suggestions whatsoever!

Thanks In advance,
Craig
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 23, 2004 7:27:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I'm not sure of this, but the 1415 and the 2415 may be the same
computer, it being a 1415 if a Celeron is installed and a 2415 if a full
P3 is installed.

However, it's worse than that, the s/n and model number reported are
stored in a "DMI String" in the motherboards flash memory. This
information can be rewritten with a utility and isn't necessarily
correct with regard to ..... well, anything. So, bottom line, you have
something of a "mystery machine. It's certainly possible that the
motherboard has been swapped, or it's also possible that the DMI string
was rewritten, and it's possible that the CPU (but not the motherboard)
was changed.

It's easy enough to find out what the CPU is with the Intel CPU &
chipset ID utility (intel web site). Then you can proceed from there.
It's possible that you have bad hardware (was it working when you
received it?).

cdegruch wrote:

> I recently purchased what I thought was a Toshiba Satellite 1415-S173
> (as was stated by seller and is on the bottom of the case). When I
> attemped to load windows XP, I was met with a Toshiba GeForce4 420 GO
> driver crash which blue screens windows. Next, I obtained the
> recovery disks from a good sumaritan and tried to restore to factory
> settings. I was told that my machine was a 2415 by the recovery disk.
> After checking with "Fresh Diagnose", it reported different model,
> serial number and part numbers than on the sticker on the case. I
> assume this means the motherboard was swapped? So, now I am back to
> trying to get the native video drivers to run on this machine.
>
> So, would there be another kind soul out there willing to let me
> download images of the recovery disks for a Toshiba Satellite 2415
> model?
>
> Does anyone know of freeware applications that I could test the video
> hardware with?
>
> Just FYI, I have loaded all drivers from the toshiba support site for
> both the 1415 and 2415 models without success. I have tried both
> windows XP home and pro. I am at wits end with this machine. I would
> greatly appreciate any suggestions whatsoever!
>
> Thanks In advance,
> Craig
September 24, 2004 10:51:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Try Hardware Information program (HWINFO), I used on PCs, it might work for
laptops too.
Good luck,

"cdegruch" <jncdegruchy@quickclic.net> wrote in message
>I recently purchased what I thought was a Toshiba Satellite 1415-S173
> (as was stated by seller and is on the bottom of the case). When I
> attemped to load windows XP, I was met with a Toshiba GeForce4 420 GO
> driver crash which blue screens windows. Next, I obtained the
> recovery disks from a good sumaritan and tried to restore to factory
> settings. I was told that my machine was a 2415 by the recovery disk.
> After checking with "Fresh Diagnose", it reported different model,
> serial number and part numbers than on the sticker on the case. I
> assume this means the motherboard was swapped? So, now I am back to
> trying to get the native video drivers to run on this machine.
>
> So, would there be another kind soul out there willing to let me
> download images of the recovery disks for a Toshiba Satellite 2415
> model?
>
> Does anyone know of freeware applications that I could test the video
> hardware with?
>
> Just FYI, I have loaded all drivers from the toshiba support site for
> both the 1415 and 2415 models without success. I have tried both
> windows XP home and pro. I am at wits end with this machine. I would
> greatly appreciate any suggestions whatsoever!
>
> Thanks In advance,
> Craig
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 19, 2009 8:53:23 PM

I have not that Recovery CD. But I Have the Driver's, everyone.

If you like I could give it a copy to you...

Write me: sinuepok@hotmail.com
!