In theory, what is more efficient for SSD performance and reliability?

I'm an obsessive CCleaner user, cleaning several times/day. Is this good, bad or indifferent relevant to performance and reliability? Thank you!
4 answers Last reply
More about theory efficient performance reliability
  1. Honestly, I'd recommend against using it too frequently. The removal of temp files will not significantly affect performance and will increase write wear on the drive An SSD has a finite number of read/writes by nature. I wouldn't concern yourself too much with that knowledge, but I'd recommend cutting back the CCleaner usage to maybe once a week or so.
  2. +1

Much more harm than good can come from what you are doing. Why do you feel you need to run it constantly? Stop. Run it once in a great while, if you encounter a problem that might be fixed with CCleaner or if you have a significant performance problem that might be related to a fixable CCleaner situation.

Do you tune your car up everytime you start/stop it? Do you mow your lawn everytime the length of your grass changes?
  3. Ouch. You will definitely wreck your SSD faster by running it SEVEN TIMES A DAY.

Also do not do too many benchmarks on your SSD - that will also wear it out.
  4. ratchet said:
    I'm an obsessive CCleaner user, cleaning several times/day. Is this good, bad or indifferent relevant to performance and reliability? Thank you!

With a SSD, I guess indifferent to performance, and bad for reliability.

If you have problems that are fixed with cc cleaner, then fix the source of the problem first.

I bet you will not notice any difference if you abandon cccleaner use completely. Try it and see.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Performance Storage