Sign in with
Your question

Very picky about my keyboard

Last response: in Components
July 4, 2010 3:23:55 PM

Hi Community, I'm looking to build my first computer, and I'm up to the part where I pick out my peripherals. I am a mac user who wants a new computer for a cheap price, so I'm converting to Windows. The one thing is, I am very picky about my keyboard. I can type about 120 wpm 2-3 errors on my old white macbook, yet when I go to my friend's house to use his PC I type like a retard... I'm looking for a keyboard similar in style to that of the white macbook, or the imac aluminum keyboard (which would actually be ideal, except for the fact that it would break after one of my gaming sessions) so please guys, help me find a good one!

-full size
-reasonable price
-slim F-keys that are close to the rest of the keys
-would LIKE full size arrow keys, but if everything else is exceptional, I'll overlook it
-backlighting is NOT an issue, but it would be nice to have it (:
-wired/wireless (preferably wired)
-OVERALL, just keep that macbook/laptop feel!!

More about : picky keyboard

July 4, 2010 3:46:39 PM

You can always use an actual mac keyboard. from what i can find it works fine with windows, albeit with some reduntant keys and some with the wrong symbols.
m
l
July 4, 2010 8:05:31 PM

PanickerA said:
Hi Community, I'm looking to build my first computer, and I'm up to the part where I pick out my peripherals. I am a mac user who wants a new computer for a cheap price, so I'm converting to Windows. The one thing is, I am very picky about my keyboard. I can type about 120 wpm 2-3 errors on my old white macbook, yet when I go to my friend's house to use his PC I type like a retard... I'm looking for a keyboard similar in style to that of the white macbook, or the imac aluminum keyboard (which would actually be ideal, except for the fact that it would break after one of my gaming sessions) so please guys, help me find a good one!

-full size
-reasonable price
-slim F-keys that are close to the rest of the keys
-would LIKE full size arrow keys, but if everything else is exceptional, I'll overlook it
-backlighting is NOT an issue, but it would be nice to have it (:
-wired/wireless (preferably wired)
-OVERALL, just keep that macbook/laptop feel!!

Doesn't matter which keyboard you use, you get used to after some time and it feels normal. When I made the switch from my old crappy compaq keyboard to a nice g15, it seemed horrible but once i got used to everything...it all came back.
m
l
!