Question about the ending of T2X

Is there a closing cut scene? After completing the final objectives I'm
sent back to the main menu. Not a complaint I just didn't want to miss
anything.
10 answers Last reply
More about question ending
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Tim wrote:
    > Is there a closing cut scene? After completing the final objectives I'm
    > sent back to the main menu. Not a complaint I just didn't want to miss
    > anything.

    Yes. Try going back to the level and pressing Alt-Ctrl-Shift-End.
    Perhaps you clicked on "Menu" instead of "Continue".
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Tim wrote:
    > Is there a closing cut scene? After completing the final objectives I'm
    > sent back to the main menu. Not a complaint I just didn't want to miss
    > anything.

    I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
    program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
    messed up videos was one of the biggest.

    I never did get to see the video before "down with dead men." Windows
    would crash everytime I tried to watch it.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
    > program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
    > messed up videos was one of the biggest.

    I just checked the "movies" folder, it seems that only half of them played
    in-game. At least I get to see them now, thanks!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Wijja wrote:
    > I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
    > program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
    > messed up videos was one of the biggest.

    I haven't had this problem at all. Have you tried running:
    regsvr32.exe /s LGVID.AX

    .... in your Thief2 directory, before starting the game, as mentioned at:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97005
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Paul Bredbury" <i@hate-spam.com> wrote in message
    > Wijja wrote:
    > > I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
    > > program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
    > > messed up videos was one of the biggest.
    >
    > I haven't had this problem at all. Have you tried running:
    > regsvr32.exe /s LGVID.AX
    >
    > ... in your Thief2 directory, before starting the game, as mentioned at:
    > http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97005

    Haven't had this problem either, it's all running quite bug-free here.
    Maybe it's more a problem with certain versions of Windows, I could imagine
    98,Me and XP to be not so 'resilient'.
    (Although it's easy to blame everything on the poor old OS.)

    --
    Barnaby
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Barnaby wrote:
    > Haven't had this problem either, it's all running quite bug-free here.
    > Maybe it's more a problem with certain versions of Windows, I could imagine
    > 98,Me and XP to be not so 'resilient'.

    My personal educated guesswork (and it's no more than that) would be to
    blame the problem on a corrupted Windows registry. The only decent
    solution that I know of is to completely re-install Windoze - pretty
    drastic.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Paul Bredbury wrote:
    > Wijja wrote:
    >
    >>I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
    >>program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
    >>messed up videos was one of the biggest.
    >

    > I haven't had this problem at all. Have you tried running:
    > regsvr32.exe /s LGVID.AX
    >
    > ... in your Thief2 directory, before starting the game, as mentioned at:
    > http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97005

    Yeah, I tried it all. Nothing worked. There's been quite a number of
    posts in ttlg forums about the same issues.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Paul Bredbury wrote:

    > Barnaby wrote:
    >
    >>Haven't had this problem either, it's all running quite bug-free here.
    >>Maybe it's more a problem with certain versions of Windows, I could imagine
    >>98,Me and XP to be not so 'resilient'.
    >

    > My personal educated guesswork (and it's no more than that) would be to
    > blame the problem on a corrupted Windows registry. The only decent
    > solution that I know of is to completely re-install Windoze - pretty
    > drastic.

    Actually, I did that too. The result was that *none* of the videos
    played between levels. And I still couldn't watch b24 and b26 (I
    believe) without windows crashing. That's with a newly downloaded
    installer for T2X, as well.

    Bizarre, but there it is.

    I finished the game before I reformatted anyway and the replayability is
    nill, given as I finished it on expert, which was too easy to begin with.

    It was ok......but nothing I'd write home about.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Wijja wrote:
    > Actually, I did that too. The result was that *none* of the videos
    > played between levels. And I still couldn't watch b24 and b26 (I
    > believe) without windows crashing. That's with a newly downloaded
    > installer for T2X, as well.

    If *Windows* crashed, then I would blame the video driver or video card.
    If T2X *only* crashed, then I would blame the movie codec driver.

    > I finished the game before I reformatted anyway and the replayability is
    > nill, given as I finished it on expert, which was too easy to begin with.

    Yeah, the game should have more opponents on the harder levels. I
    reckon there's a huge gulf in sneaksie skills between newly-initiated
    taffers, and those who are darkness-hardened by 5 years of taffing
    inside dozens of third-party mansions and crypts.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 17:09:09 +0000 (UTC), Paul Bredbury
    <i@hate-spam.com> wrote:

    >Wijja wrote:
    >> I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
    >> program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
    >> messed up videos was one of the biggest.
    >
    >I haven't had this problem at all. Have you tried running:
    >regsvr32.exe /s LGVID.AX
    >
    >... in your Thief2 directory, before starting the game, as mentioned at:
    >http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97005

    I'm sure I read somewhere that there was a known problem with some movie
    files in T2X, particularly mission 6, causing a crash.

    I couldn't see any movies until I re-installed the VP3 codec.

    --
    Alfie
    <http://www.delphia.co.uk/>

Games Video Games