Question about the ending of T2X

Tim

Is there a closing cut scene? After completing the final objectives I'm
sent back to the main menu. Not a complaint I just didn't want to miss
anything.

Tim wrote:
> Is there a closing cut scene? After completing the final objectives I'm
> sent back to the main menu. Not a complaint I just didn't want to miss
> anything.

Yes. Try going back to the level and pressing Alt-Ctrl-Shift-End.
Perhaps you clicked on "Menu" instead of "Continue".

Tim wrote:
> Is there a closing cut scene? After completing the final objectives I'm
> sent back to the main menu. Not a complaint I just didn't want to miss
> anything.

I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
messed up videos was one of the biggest.

I never did get to see the video before "down with dead men." Windows
would crash everytime I tried to watch it.

Tim

"Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
> program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
> messed up videos was one of the biggest.

I just checked the "movies" folder, it seems that only half of them played
in-game. At least I get to see them now, thanks!

Wijja wrote:
> I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
> program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
> messed up videos was one of the biggest.

I haven't had this problem at all. Have you tried running:
regsvr32.exe /s LGVID.AX

.... in your Thief2 directory, before starting the game, as mentioned at:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97005

"Paul Bredbury" <i@hate-spam.com> wrote in message
> Wijja wrote:
> > I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
> > program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
> > messed up videos was one of the biggest.
>
> I haven't had this problem at all. Have you tried running:
> regsvr32.exe /s LGVID.AX
>
> ... in your Thief2 directory, before starting the game, as mentioned at:
> http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97005

Haven't had this problem either, it's all running quite bug-free here.
Maybe it's more a problem with certain versions of Windows, I could imagine
98,Me and XP to be not so 'resilient'.
(Although it's easy to blame everything on the poor old OS.)

--
Barnaby

Barnaby wrote:
> Haven't had this problem either, it's all running quite bug-free here.
> Maybe it's more a problem with certain versions of Windows, I could imagine
> 98,Me and XP to be not so 'resilient'.

My personal educated guesswork (and it's no more than that) would be to
blame the problem on a corrupted Windows registry. The only decent
solution that I know of is to completely re-install Windoze - pretty
drastic.

Paul Bredbury wrote:
> Wijja wrote:
>
>>I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
>>program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
>>messed up videos was one of the biggest.
>

> I haven't had this problem at all. Have you tried running:
> regsvr32.exe /s LGVID.AX
>
> ... in your Thief2 directory, before starting the game, as mentioned at:
> http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97005

Yeah, I tried it all. Nothing worked. There's been quite a number of
posts in ttlg forums about the same issues.

Paul Bredbury wrote:

> Barnaby wrote:
>
>>Haven't had this problem either, it's all running quite bug-free here.
>>Maybe it's more a problem with certain versions of Windows, I could imagine
>>98,Me and XP to be not so 'resilient'.
>

> My personal educated guesswork (and it's no more than that) would be to
> blame the problem on a corrupted Windows registry. The only decent
> solution that I know of is to completely re-install Windoze - pretty
> drastic.

Actually, I did that too. The result was that *none* of the videos
played between levels. And I still couldn't watch b24 and b26 (I
believe) without windows crashing. That's with a newly downloaded
installer for T2X, as well.

Bizarre, but there it is.

I finished the game before I reformatted anyway and the replayability is
nill, given as I finished it on expert, which was too easy to begin with.

It was ok......but nothing I'd write home about.

Wijja wrote:
> Actually, I did that too. The result was that *none* of the videos
> played between levels. And I still couldn't watch b24 and b26 (I
> believe) without windows crashing. That's with a newly downloaded
> installer for T2X, as well.

If *Windows* crashed, then I would blame the video driver or video card.
If T2X *only* crashed, then I would blame the movie codec driver.

> I finished the game before I reformatted anyway and the replayability is
> nill, given as I finished it on expert, which was too easy to begin with.

Yeah, the game should have more opponents on the harder levels. I
reckon there's a huge gulf in sneaksie skills between newly-initiated
taffers, and those who are darkness-hardened by 5 years of taffing
inside dozens of third-party mansions and crypts.

On Wed, 25 May 2005 17:09:09 +0000 (UTC), Paul Bredbury
<i@hate-spam.com> wrote:

>Wijja wrote:
>> I didn't see it either. I had to watch it as an AVI file in a seperate
>> program because it wouldn't play in-game. Of all the bugs in the game,
>> messed up videos was one of the biggest.
>
>I haven't had this problem at all. Have you tried running:
>regsvr32.exe /s LGVID.AX
>
>... in your Thief2 directory, before starting the game, as mentioned at:
>http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97005

I'm sure I read somewhere that there was a known problem with some movie
files in T2X, particularly mission 6, causing a crash.

I couldn't see any movies until I re-installed the VP3 codec.

--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/>