escoboly

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
Home made computer, working good. One day turn it on and no display. Check display and cable. All good. After more checks figured motherboard bad. Buy new motherboard and replaced the old one. power up and the lights and fan comes on, but no display. I have done all kinds of things and nothing. Checked power supply and good. Disconected the h.d. cd player, and nothing. Even used another motherboard and nothing. Tried a video card in one of the slots and nothing. Anybody know what going on. I do know a thing or two of computers. Not a complete dummy. Any help will be appreciated. thankyou.....

How far does it get? If you can't see the bios posting screen, it may be your monitor, though I know you said you checked it. If you see the bios post screen, can you see any of the windows load screens? Anyhow, if it makes it past post, I'd try F8 and boot to safe mode and see if that works. If it works in safe mode, it's most likely a driver issue.

escoboly

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
It didn't go nowhere. But the problem has been solved. The cpu was the wrong type. I didn't think about the cpu. Someone else asked me about the cpu which I didnt even think about(I feel stupid). Anyway got the right cpu and walla. It work's great now. Thank's for your input and for everyone out there check the cpu......Still fill stupid.......