• They are the infamous car racing group
  • 4 %
  • I don't know?
  • 14 %
March 31, 2010 9:49:58 PM

Who or what is Palit? :o 

More about : palit

March 31, 2010 9:58:21 PM

Palit is a graphics card manufacturer who distributes both ATi and nVidia graphic cards. Palit I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, owns Gainward, Galaxy and XpertVision in 2005. I do associate Palit with frogs too. :D 

I'm not sure about Palit's quality and warranty etc, heard they're actually pretty good, but I'm supposing the majority of consumers would think it's sub-par compared to other more well known manufacturers, such as Sapphire, EVGA and XFX for example, simply because it is cheaper.

I am supposing you made that poll just to see how much people know about Palit, right?
March 31, 2010 9:59:41 PM

wasn't there just an identical thread/ poll that was closed? whats the deal with that?
Related resources
March 31, 2010 10:09:22 PM

That poll should be closed. Not sure what happen.
March 31, 2010 10:13:00 PM

Too cheap to pay for advertising?
March 31, 2010 10:48:13 PM

Seeing as I'm seeing all Palit advertisements at the moment and stuff- am I right in guessing that Palit is now a sponsor of Toms?
March 31, 2010 11:00:45 PM

Whoever they are, I guess they didn't feel like spending the extra money on someone who could proofread his or her posts before hitting "Submit".
April 3, 2010 6:16:50 AM

flyinfinni said:
Seeing as I'm seeing all Palit advertisements at the moment and stuff- am I right in guessing that Palit is now a sponsor of Toms?

They sponsor this section of the forum. The ads are most likely based on page keywords.
April 3, 2010 6:34:21 AM

this doesn sit well on my pallet
April 3, 2010 8:04:50 AM

obsidian86 said:
this doesn sit well on my pallet

Why is that mate? Other companies do it on other forums and it can be quite useful if you need to find out info on a certain product.
April 3, 2010 8:29:48 AM

I had a XpertVision HD4870 once, It had a good dual fan cooler and plently of shiny heatpipes :) 

There customer service is good too. They responded to my question quickly which is more than I can say about other AIB's and this forum sometimes ^^ :( 
April 3, 2010 8:59:16 AM

Mousemonkey said:
Why is that mate? Other companies do it on other forums and it can be quite useful if you need to find out info on a certain product.

its least pallatable but they need a cooler logo,my pallet is getting used to it now

does this mean we get palit discounts :heink: 
April 3, 2010 9:11:45 AM

I love you Frobot!!!
April 3, 2010 9:41:30 AM

obsidian86 said:
its least pallatable but they need a cooler logo,my pallet is getting used to it now

does this mean we get palit discounts :heink: 

No but if you carry on with the puns you may be frog marched out and told to hop it.
April 3, 2010 3:24:25 PM

lol:-p The puns are getting worse and worse!
April 3, 2010 3:42:30 PM

It's the kind of thread that was bound to spawn a few.
April 3, 2010 3:51:12 PM

hey those are some of my best work but anyway congrats on this partnership between toms and Palit may this be a fruitful venture for all involved and may it grow to be an overwhelming success
April 5, 2010 4:33:14 PM

I'm sure it will. :) 
April 5, 2010 4:54:34 PM

Maybe we can pick up some free palit hardware with giveaways or something? :-D
April 5, 2010 5:32:38 PM

Palit is number 2, literally (and figuratively?) :p 
April 5, 2010 8:15:50 PM

Had this question asked as a serious question before. On looking into it they are a very good company and i wouldn't hesitate to buy their product, assuming they actually had something i wanted of course :kaola: 

Mactronix
April 5, 2010 8:39:32 PM

lol. Theres not much I'm interested in buying from Nvidia right now, though if they gave me a GTX 470 or 480, I would definitely not turn it down :-)
April 5, 2010 8:53:04 PM

bummer- too bad I missed it :-(
April 5, 2010 9:04:18 PM

Aww... NCIX is Canadian. Congrats to the person who won it, though. How about a contest for US customers? Perhaps at Newegg, Zipzoomfly, Mwave, or even NCIXUS.com?

It would seem most of the major US e-tailers have only recently begun selling a wide variety of Palit products. Congrats on that achievement, and welcome to the (un)scrupulous US market.

Any chance you could you explain what exactly this 3DMark Vantage Edition voucher is over at NCIXUS.com?
http://www.ncixus.com/products/33436/3DMarkVantagePalit...
Is it just a code to activate a fully-licensed version of the downloaded software, or a hard copy? Also, what makes it any different than the one I can buy and download directly from Futuremark?
April 5, 2010 9:33:44 PM

I think that is like long time ago and it should be the same as the FULL advance version. Yes we will be doing contest here in the US as well.

Here are some facts:
You will hear more about Palit by the time this year is over :)  . We are the biggest NVIDIA manufacturer(used to do both ATI & NVIDIA). We are the Tier1 with Evga, XFX, and ASUS. Only problem is that Evga(Marketing guru) and XFX(looks like they are supporting ATI more) don't have their own manufacturer and is still contracting their parts. And Asus is just not focusing on graphic card since they are more diverse in the computer industry. Palit is a proud parent company to Galaxy, Gainward, and Xpertvision.

*Why we stop carrying ATI?
Due to supply issue with ATI(they can only give Palit limited GPU which we cannot supply to the world so it would make cost higher) when we have capacity of doing 1.3million plus video card a month. So we decide to go with NVIDIA who can supply us with more GPU or enough GPU to make our video card. That is all I can about that and cannot get into specific details. But right now we are 100% NVIDIA and is one of NVIDIA Authorize Board Partners.

*Why Palit just recently entering the US Market now?
We have been supplying OEM world wide and the fact is the US Market does not actually sell alot of video card compare to UK and Asia. They actually 3rd in discrete graphic card business. It's alot of marketing and branding here in the US. So since we are no.1 OEM for UK and ASIA for discrete graphic card, I think it's our time to come in the US Market and really show consumer we specialized in the graphic card business.

If you have any questions please ask away. I will try my best to answer them.

-Palit
April 5, 2010 10:00:09 PM

Is Palit planning on opening offices in the US ? - one of the main problems I see in buying Palit products currently is if you need to RMA it then it needs to be shipped to Hong Kong and the turnaround times and arranging for international shipping for RMA make it too much of a hassle to take a chance on your companies products. Plus the fact that you only offer a 1 year warranty vs. other companies like BFG that offer lifetime or at least 3 year warranties on their products.
April 5, 2010 10:06:57 PM

Parent to Galaxy, Gainward, and Xpertvision? Hmm. Wouldn't it be more economical to consolidate under one brand, instead of four?

Will the US finally see wide-ranged offerings for all four of these brands, including the elusive Gainward "Golden Sample" cards? Or will the US market only get Palit and Galaxy cards? (These are the only two brands I can currently find readily available through major carriers.)

(And good point, JDFan. Don't forget eVGA, Sparkle, XFX, PNY, and Zotac - all offer lifetime warranties.)
April 5, 2010 10:20:24 PM

Palit is branched in City of Industry, California.
This is where we will be doing our Sales, Marketing, and RMA/Customer in the US Market.

Fact:
BFG is not a manufacturer and they too contract their parts. I'm not sure if you know this but BFG is having some financial troubles lately :)  http://www.dvhardware.net/article41799.html

Lifetime warranty????
Here is the fine print of BFG warranty section.
http://www.bfgtech.com/warranty.aspx
• Was not damaged while being installed.
• Was not damaged by software or hardware from a company or individual other than BFG Technologies or by motherboard incompatibility.
• Was operated in accordance with BFG Technologies specifications, instructions and any technical support directions.
• Was not modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies.
• Third party products, such as motherboards and other system components using this Product are not be covered by this warranty.

This is your lifetime warranty. Notice you cannot modify the card at all so are you really getting the full benefit of the Lifetime warranty? It's basically saying we encourage you to OC but if its damage its not our fault and we do not cover it. So much for lifetime warranty. One more thing, they say Limited warranty meaning it only cover chipset which means GPU. It is rarely a GPU goes out unless it is overclocked and burnt by unstable clocking. I am not bashing BFG but I think consumer is ought to know what they really getting when they order from company's with lifetime warranty. You are paying extra money for their marketing funds and packaging.

As for Palit, we offer 1 year warranty because we focus on OC and make sure consumer getting quality parts. Any lifetime warranty is pretty much paying for the extra $30 added to their marketing funds. That's why we are able to compete pricing while have better stable video card.

-Palit
April 5, 2010 10:33:02 PM

Actually- even with those terms in the fine print, the BFG lifetime warranty is a really good one- talk to almost anyone who's had a BFG card die, and they'll tell you that. I've got several friends who OCed and even custom water cooled their BFG cards, and still got them replaced when they died and didn't even pay for the shipping. BFG has one of the best reputations for warranty and service of any graphics card company out there.
April 5, 2010 10:41:46 PM

palitusa said:
Palit is branched in City of Industry, California.
This is where we will be doing our Sales, Marketing, and RMA/Customer in the US Market.

One more thing, they say Limited warranty meaning it only cover chipset which means GPU. It is rarely a GPU goes out unless it is overclocked and burnt by unstable clocking.

As for Palit, we offer 1 year warranty because we focus on OC and make sure consumer getting quality parts. Any lifetime warranty is pretty much paying for the extra $30 added to their marketing funds. That's why we are able to compete pricing while have better stable video card.

-Palit

Glad to hear there is going to be an in states RMA location as that will be of benefit but not to get picky about the warranty since I agree the limitations etc. can pretty much void the lifetime warranty but as far as stating they only offer a limited lifetime warranty I feel I need to point out that your company only offers a 1 year LIMITED Warranty as well !!
at least according to Newegg :
Quote:
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 1 year limited
Labor 1 year limited

So if what you say about it only covering the GPU is correct your company is doing the exact same thing !

I can only go by personal experience and have never had a problem with BFG, XFX, or Sapphire when it comes to RMAing a product (not saying that others do not have problems but in my experience they have stood behind the products I have bought from them in the past on the rare occasions I have had to use the warranties) and therefore usually purchase from them. But once Palit does have the location in the US setup for RMA's etc. I may give their products a try ( IF\when I find a reason to buy an Nvidia product over the ATI offerings at a similar price\performance level.)
April 5, 2010 10:47:32 PM

I have to agree they have a good reputation. I am sure that they will let couple slide here and there depending how badly damage those cards are. But if you have a video card more than 2 years it will probably be outdated. There are some who still have older video that still works good but I am sure most will buy a new one after 2 years. Lifetime warranty or not. I think it will just come down to showing consumer our quality product.

Yes it is right that we offer 1 year limited warranty parts and labor. Meaning we will cover everything including GPU if it is defective. I am just pointing out the Limited warranty part and never mention that we don't offer that part. We just don't offer lifetime warranty(extra cost). It is great that if any of you are getting the lifetime service, but that is not what we are going to focus on here in the US Market.

-Palit
April 5, 2010 10:58:27 PM

Its true that after 2 years, most people will be, or already have, upgraded their GPUs. Out of curiosity though, why a 1 not a 2 year warranty? 2 years seems to be around the typical upgrade timeframe, or are you more hoping that if its more than a year, then the customer would just buy a new one?
April 5, 2010 11:13:00 PM

We can offer 2 year to customer but it will cost more. We cut the warranty to 1 year so that we can focus our resources on "Core Components" like the OS-Con capacitor which is now implemented in our video cards and "Customize Cooling".

But definitely 2 or more year will be something we will look forward to later on in the future. Even if we offer 2 years warranty, I don't think people will understand the difference between lifetime and 1 or 2 years. They will pick the lifetime warranty of course. There are people who will understand but if you are a new consumer(noob) which is most people then you probably go with the lifetime warranty without reading the pros and cons.

-Palit
April 5, 2010 11:51:48 PM

In the US, length of warranty backing by the manufacturer tends to express the manufacturer's direct confidence in the quality of their product. A 1-year warranty is, at maximum, only half the length of warranty period your competition offers. This generally makes consumers feel the product is sub-standard because the manufacturer lacks the confidence to back their product for as long a period of time as their competition. I only see it to your advantage to increase your warranty period to a minimum of 2-years. Again, to the consumer, it shows you have more confidence in your product, and that we should have more confidence in you because should a problem arise, you'll be there to handle it.

To back up to my previous question:
Quote:
Parent to Galaxy, Gainward, and Xpertvision? Hmm. Wouldn't it be more economical to consolidate under one brand, instead of four?

Will the US finally see wide-ranged offerings for all four of these brands, including the elusive Gainward "Golden Sample" cards? Or will the US market only get Palit and Galaxy cards? (These are the only two brands I can currently find readily available through major carriers.)

Care to comment on what brands we'll actually see in the US?
April 6, 2010 12:37:09 AM

There will be 2 brand in the US Market. Galaxy will focus more on retail business and Palit will be more Etailer, System builders, and Distribution. But this might change later on in the future. We have to wait and see :)  .

Yes it is two separate brand. Just like what happen to Dell and Alienware. Dell does all the manufacturing for Alienware as Palit is doing for our other brands. That is the only way we can output over millions of video card per month.
April 6, 2010 12:42:23 AM

Palit has its own design. That is not a aftermarket you see. It's build by us and we sell them like that normally, well we will have 2 version, 1 standard one so custom can put in their own cooler and one which is the one you see with the dual fans. We were the first to implement the dual fan design years ago.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/industry/2009/01/23/palit-...

I'm sure there's more article about that.

April 6, 2010 12:43:50 AM

Wait, Wait, Wait.

You consider you'reselves a tier 1 maker, and yet you controll a small portion of the market, you have a 1 year warrenty (XFX is lifetime), and you're brand repuatation is on par with that of the likes of Sparkle?

Please Explain to me WHY you are on the Same tier as Evga, Asus OR XFX.

1. XFX has lifetime warrenty, and ATI products.

2. Asus often has nice product bundles, long warrentys, and custom coolers at the price of refence.

And they sell Ati products wich is the way to go now.

3. EVGA has a long warrenty (1 year, realy?), and they have a Waterblock out for the GTX 480, does Palit?

And don't tell me peopel upgrade after 1 year.

Look at Mouse momnkey, he has cards that are years old and yet they preform well, and he enjoys them.

And Old cards can be sold, or used for PHysX or whatever.

4. ANd long warentys are a must especialy if you're using cards from either Palit or Sparkel if ya know hwat I mean :bounce: 
April 6, 2010 12:49:41 AM

Bob, Palit is more popular in Europe and Asia and so you may not know them very well.

As for the 1 year to life time argument, you get what you pay for. Many consider Sapphire the ultimate ATI AIB, but their warranty is pretty bad.

I agree, calling yourself a Tier 1 brand is a bit disingenuous, but what company says that they are number 2?
April 6, 2010 12:50:22 AM

Please scroll up and read. Don't you know Lifetime warranty is a gimmick.
Waterblock? Good for them, I wish them the best :) 

I think you are missing the point. We are World Wide Manufacturer. We are NVIDIA largest manufacturer World Wide. Keep in mind that the US Market is only 3rd to UK and then ASIA in the Discrete graphic card business.

builderbobftw said:
Wait, Wait, Wait.

You consider you'reselves a tier 1 maker, and yet you controll a small portion of the market, you have a 1 year warrenty (XFX is lifetime), and you're brand repuatation is on par with that of the likes of Sparkle?

Please Explain to me WHY you are on the Same tier as Evga, Asus OR XFX.

1. XFX has lifetime warrenty.

2. Asus often has nice product bundles, long warrentys, and custom coolers at the price of refence.

3. EVGA has a long warrenty (1 year, realy?), and they have a Waterblock out for the GTX 480, does Palit?

April 6, 2010 12:53:30 AM

Explain to me how lifetime warrenty, or 5 year warrenty is a gimmick.

If I were to buy an Palit card, say a GTX 480, and I fried after 1 year and 1 day (this is likely, uit is a Palit card rember) , I would be pretty pissed wouldn't you be?
April 6, 2010 12:57:55 AM

This is evga limited lifetime warranty. Even if you fried your card within a year and its due to modification then you will not get warrantied.

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/

# There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components that are caused by: Damage due to improper installation, damage during modification of any kind, damage during any type of aftermarket cooling installation, and water damage of any kind.
# The product is returned to EVGA in the original factory configuration and condition. All aftermarket modification must be reversed before sending in the product for replacement.
# EVGA reserves the right to claim for shipping fees along with a service charge* from the customer for any incomplete or modified product that is returned and requires repair or replacement, or when the customer is not entitled to any coverage under this limited lifetime warranty.
# The EVGA limited lifetime warranty is only eligible for products purchased in North America.
# The EVGA limited lifetime warranty is only eligible for part numbers ending in: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX.
April 6, 2010 1:02:19 AM

That seems pretty resonable, and is all standered in the industry,a nd replicated by Palit.

And Explain how lifetime warrenty is a gimmick.

And Plait=Sparkele as far as quilty, and that IS saying something.

And In the end of things, My GTX 480 from EVGA would be replaced, but not my Plait one.

Good Night everyone.
April 6, 2010 4:05:47 AM

So no Gainward "Golden Samples" then, huh? Guess if we North Americans want them we'd have to buy them while traveling through Europe, Asia, or South America...

I really appreciate you coming here and discussing things with us.

I would like to see the research numbers that place North America behind Asia and the UK in discrete card sales. I can understand Asia - China and India have like 3 billion people! But the UK too? I suppose it's possible considering how many tens of thousands of business-owned PCs in the US are just basic desktop workstations with integrated graphics. Add to that the millions of portable PC or PC-like devices sold in the US with integrated graphics and the number grows tremendously. But man... There are 5 times as many people living in the US alone than in the UK. Add Canada and it's closer to 6 times as many people. In the DIY world, integrated graphics are frowned upon. And in case you didn't know, you're on DIY territory here at Tom's. :) 

As if the dead horse hasn't been beaten enough, I'd like to get back to warranty periods... One would think the "World-wide Leader" would back it's products longer than a single year, which happens to be the shortest warranty period of ALL major manufacturers. That sentiment seems especially true when you consider much smaller companies like ECS and Jaton, which are both often considered either 2nd-rate or of lesser quality than the "big" names, offer a minimum of 2 years on their cards. As I stated before, offering the shortest warranty period indirectly shows consumers that you lack faith in your products. Accordingly, consumers will lack faith in them as well. Does this mean you should offer a lifetime warranty? No, of course not. But you should at least try to offer a competitive warranty that rivals the ones of your competition, especially when you're still trying to establish yourself in this new market. (I'm done giving free marketing advice. If you want more, you're going to have to start paying me.)

Lastly, I'd like to point out that building more units or selling more units world-wide than another manufacturer doesn't make you the "World-wide Leader." It makes you the world's largest producer. Granted, I think this is likely due to the fact that you're now in every major market in the entire world, and you can claim every sale from 4 different companies. Sort of like General Motors claiming they're the largest because they have Chevrolet, Cadillac, GMC, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Buick, Saturn, Hummer, Daewoo, Vauxhall, Opel, etc. "Leader" is a title we Americans tend to reserve for companies which make the highest quality products, not the ones which simply make the most of something. If it's not already obvious, the point I'm trying to get across is that making the most of something doesn't mean you're best maker of it.

Just a gentle warning to be careful with that self-proclaiming thing...

It's not my intention to be rude or say these things with any degree of disrespect. I genuinely appreciate your willingness to partake in open discussion with us. I just hope you're really ready to hear what's on our minds, ready for the American view on things, and ready to prove yourself and your company.
April 6, 2010 5:27:44 AM

Guys you are comparing US warranties with Palit's international warranties. Outside of the US, 1-2 years (I think 2 years is getting more common but I am not sure) is pretty much standard. There is no such thing as a lifetime warranty anywhere outside of NA as far as I know, and certainly not from XFX or BFG.

I myself prefer a better card for less money, and that is what Palit (usually) provides, under different brands of course. I believe XpertVision is almost identical to Palit-branded cards (even the websites are practically identical) but they are sold to different regions.
April 6, 2010 6:50:11 AM

I understand that, randomizer. I'm familiar with the other brands of theirs, hence why I specifically asked if Gainward was actually going to be available here. The key is, Palit is the new kid on the block and needs to be aware of what their competition offers, what North American customers will expect in terms of quality, service, and warranty. If they haven't done their homework before setting up operations, then shame on them.

There are already many quality manufacturers with established operations in North America, so I've been hoping for signs of something that sets them apart. Unfortunately for Palit, the most obvious sign setting them apart from their well-known, established, and reliable competitors, is a short-term warranty. I, and I'm sure I'm not alone, do not find that as a positive in any light.

If Palit is as serious about coming into North America and looking to achieve the success Mr. Palitusa states, then I think they may need to reevaluate a few details.
April 6, 2010 8:42:06 AM

What i would be interested to know is why there are so many different names, Palit is the parent company and then you have Galaxy, Gainward, and Xpertvision.
Whats the difference ? Why is it not all Palit ? is it a corporate thing so you can walk away if one arm folds ? Are the other makes like franchise operations that can make the cards,boards how they want but you supply the chips ?

Just to be clear on this next point I'm not saying the quality would be bad but is there one make that you own that would be considered the budget division ? Other companies do this, Motherboard manufacturers for instance openly have boards that are made with cheaper transisters and others that are made with better all solid ones. Care to put the makes in order as far as that would be concerned ?

Mactronix
April 6, 2010 9:08:31 AM

Gainward is typically their "enthusiast" brand, and I think it actually has a 3 year warranty, at least in the UK. That may have changed recently, but my 9600GT says it has a 3 year warranty in the UK (no mention of Australia so I wouldn't know about here). Palit and XpertVision seem to be identical for the most part, just different stickers and sometimes a different coloured heatsink. They used to have almost mirrored websites apart from the branding, but XpertVision no longer actually has a site. Galaxy is the odd one out, with some cheap-looking cards and some with aftermarket coolers and extra power phases. I really don't know where it fits in, but the website design makes it appear to be marketed towards enthusiasts and gamers.
April 6, 2010 9:26:37 AM

Thanks for that,
Dont know if anyone else noticed but the website needs updating still has ATI listed :kaola: 

Mactronix
!