New System Build - Thanks!

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
April 27, 2010 4:32:32 AM

To all who gave me some great advice:
Thank you all for the help. My system is up and running great, thanks in part to the great advice I received from some very knowledgeable members. Thanks again, ya'll have made my computing much more relaxing and enjoyable!

I5-750 2.66mhz 8m processor LGA1156
Asus P7P55D Pro
EVGA GTS250 vid card 512mb ddr3 pci-e 2.0
4 gigs corsair pc10600 ddr3 1333mhz
Corsair 80 plus 650w PSU
Win7 home ultimate

This bitch smokes!! Thanks again!

PS- This is a great setup for me, as I am not a gamer.

More about : system build

April 27, 2010 5:36:10 PM

Could I interest you in a smokin' SSD?

Y'all is most welcome ... Stay in touch ... Lotsa great articles here!

= Al =
m
l
April 28, 2010 3:48:22 AM

Alvin Smith said:
Could I interest you in a smokin' SSD?

Y'all is most welcome ... Stay in touch ... Lotsa great articles here!

= Al =

Thanks but at the prices they want for ssd right now, I think I'll wait
m
l
Related resources
April 28, 2010 1:28:53 PM

Borrow a SSD from someone...and you will definitely buy one after he ask you to return it back to him :D 
m
l
April 28, 2010 7:35:36 PM

I was just kidding ... " just ONE ... MORE ... THING ! "

But, yeah ... If you have (ever want) a 2 drive rig ... It makes sense to load and tweak your system and drivers and environment only once ... WHEN YOU BUILD !

I'd like to put one in my old P4 system right now, but there ain't no way I'm gonna do that because I have spent "many" hours updating drivers and tweaking windows, etc. ...

For that reason alone, even tho SSDs are pricey, right now ... the reliability, if not the speed is a "plenty good" reason to "buck up" ... Just so your system will "never" crash again. For me ... It's personal !!!

= Al =
m
l
April 29, 2010 3:15:16 AM

Alvin Smith said:
I was just kidding ... " just ONE ... MORE ... THING ! "

But, yeah ... If you have (ever want) a 2 drive rig ... It makes sense to load and tweak your system and drivers and environment only once ... WHEN YOU BUILD !

I'd like to put one in my old P4 system right now, but there ain't no way I'm gonna do that because I have spent "many" hours updating drivers and tweaking windows, etc. ...

For that reason alone, even tho SSDs are pricey, right now ... the reliability, if not the speed is a "plenty good" reason to "buck up" ... Just so your system will "never" crash again. For me ... It's personal !!!

= Al =

Yea, I see where you arte coming from, but because I have win7, the updates were minimal, so hopefully those drives will come down soon, so I won't have 500 updates when I do re-install
m
l
April 29, 2010 5:36:53 AM

And device drivers and performance tweaks and environment tweaks and applications installs ... et. al. ... etc.

m
l
!