How to clean up my D Drive on Windows XP

I took my computer to be repaired. They gave me another computer with xp and a good c drive and installed my old 80 gig as the d drive. It used to be my c drive. They told me I can throw out anything I want in my D drive. I am afraid to do this because on some things, I get an "access denied" warning. There are a lot of pics and music I want to keep on this D drive. But there are files that used to operate as a c drive like a windows file, program file, winnT and documents and settings. I already threw some of this stuff away but tonight I was putting things I didn't want to keep in the trash and found Adobe and some microsoft installers and stuff that have the access denied warning when I tried to throw them in the trash. Scarey! Now I don't really know what to do. I don't even dare empty the trash bin and it is now full of stuff I don't want. When I told the guy at the repair shop about this he just said, "Throw it out!" I guess he was upset because I bothered him and because I need a second opinion. Can you help me with this? Everything still seems to be working ok on both drives. I'm just not sure about this task. Linda
2 answers Last reply
More about clean drive windows
  1. 1. install ''ccleaner'' free software
    2. open that software
    3. go - option
    4. In wipe free space driver you have to change location click the box 'D' only
    5. after that click above cleaner tool
    6. click analyse
    7. 100% completed it will show
    8. click Runcleaner
    9.again click Runcleaner
    10. then close..thats all..easy enjoy..
  2. Thank you so very much... The info and the clean driver are much appreciated!
    Lindy
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Computers Windows XP