New Account Users

I'm a novice XP user and when I tried to add a new user account it only
allowed me to set it up as an administrator, even though I'm set up as
administrator. So I now have 2 administrator accounts and can't delete either
one as I get an error message which tells me that I must create a new
administrator account before I delete one!
Can anyone help me to delete one account, the new one I created, keep my
account as administrator and then set up a new account that's not got
administrator rights?
1 answer Last reply
More about account users

    Allan Skyner <AllanSkyner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I'm a novice XP user and when I tried to add a new user account it only
    >allowed me to set it up as an administrator, even though I'm set up as
    >administrator. So I now have 2 administrator accounts and can't delete either
    >one as I get an error message which tells me that I must create a new
    >administrator account before I delete one!
    >Can anyone help me to delete one account, the new one I created, keep my
    >account as administrator and then set up a new account that's not got
    >administrator rights?

    You need two admin accounts: the account "Administrator" and one of
    your normal user accounts. Create a new account with limited rights,
    log on with that new user and then log off. Log on as "Administrator"
    and in the Control Panel > System > Advanced > User profiles >
    Settings copy over the old admin account to the new limited account to
    continue working with your old settings in the new account.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP