SevenSacredSins

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Okay this is driving me insane, I recently built a new rig and it's been fine for a few weeks now suddenly it's having tonnes and tonnes of problems. Basically it keeps shutting down randomly, I get like 5 blue screens everyday, it mainly occurs while the trying to startup, log-in and sometimes while using application and games. It seems to occur mostly in the morning, if I try boot up in the morning when it's freezing (about 5 C) it'll keep getting the blue screen, however if I try to startup when the ambient is about 15C it seems to work fine usually.

I've reseated the RAM, GPU, reconnected everything to the mobo, restored and made sure everything is plugged into the PSU. Nothing has helped, I'm starting to think the RAM is faulty, I'm not actually sure now. Also when I start up the GPU fan makes a low droning sound which goes away as soon as I log-in, please help. I really need to know what's wrong.

It could be improper airflow causing heat ups also.. Well it could be anything.. Faulty RAM, PSU not supplying stable volts, improperly placed CPU heatsink etc.. Start by confirming all the seatings and connections are firm and proper.. Then check in bios for voltage fluctuations.. Perform memory diagnostics (using one stick at a time if needed).. Post back your observations..

SevenSacredSins

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I have the HAF 922 and the cables are not perfect but don't really clog up anything. My 5870 is actually abnormally cool, it idles at around 25C, CPU is a 965 and idles at about 29-31C with stock cooler.

I'm running MemTest right now, but it's only checking 3.4 of my total 4GB of RAM, do I need to boot it up from a CD at startup to check all the memory?

How can I check if my PSU isn't supplying sufficient volts? I think the cooler is placed right but it could be wrong but would it honestly cause the whole system to crash, I thought the CPU would just overheat.

I'll reseat everything again and what are voltage fluctuations? Could you explain?
Sorry D:

SevenSacredSins

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
OK so basically put the exe. on a CD and make the computer boot up from CD right?

I'll have a look at my BIOS then, my PSU is in my sig. A Corsair 750W HX, my system only uses about 500W under load I think so it should be more then enough but it could be faulty.

Well OP has mentioned about problems being at certain timings when the temperatures are on the lower side.. This is somewhat similar to those occasions wherein you start your PC after after a couple of weeks inactivity and it takes a couple of restarts to get the system up and running properly.. But the BSOD's do not fit in.. Well lets just wait for the memory tests results..

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
it could be the sudden change in temperature that is causing ur problems...try to heat ur computer up before u switch on.
try a bar heater or somthing, and use a thermometre to gauge the temp. i would suggest aiming for +- 25'C. BUT DO THIS SLOWLY!!! put the heater about 1m away from ur PC and slowly move it towards it.
tell us if ive made a total arse of myself...