Sign in with
Your question

Crashing Problems

Last response: in Motherboards
January 9, 2011 6:57:41 PM

Hey everyone,

Alright...I'm having a bit of an annoying issue. My computer has decided that every once and a while it will BSOD on me, but only at its own discretion. It does this to me at least once a day. At first I thought it might be a virus, but McAfee did a full computer search (plenty of times) and found nothing wrong. I then realized that I had just recently did a Motherboard chipset/bios update because it wasn't reading my CPU correctly. For those who want to know about that problem: it was reading my CPU at 1.6 GHz and the performance acted as such, until I updated and then it read my CPU at the proper 3.2 GHz and performance was A LOT better. So my best guess is that my BSOD issues are related to the Motherboard chipset/bios update, and I need to know how to correct it. Remember that if I just undo the chipset/bios update I will get poor performance out of my CPU.

Any help is appreciated.

(One more unrelated issue: my Logitech Bluetooth mouse works fine for about 30 mins and then starts to lag and then I can't keep it from lagging unless I restart or go in and out of sleep mode, disconnect/reconnect...etc. I've tried plugging it into various USB ports and I still get the same issue.)

Important Computer Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3
CPU: AMD II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz
RAM: 2 x 4Gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 1600 (I know the speed doesn't match up with the motherboard specs, but it is not an issue and it works fine)
Video Card: 2Gb ATI Radeon 4890 256-bit (128 x 2)

More about : crashing problems

a b V Motherboard
January 10, 2011 8:11:20 AM

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System
2. Go to Advanced
3. Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings...
4. Under System Failure un-check "Automatically restart"

That will keep the BSOD on the screen and you can read the stop code and write it in here.
http://files.myopera.com/zomg/blog/bsodhelp.jpg
m
l
a c 217 V Motherboard
January 10, 2011 1:13:16 PM

Are your GPU and chipset (NB/SB) drivers fully up to date? What flavor of Windows are you using?

Also, what PSU are you using (make/model)? How are your system temps?
m
l
Related resources
January 12, 2011 5:36:03 AM

COLGeek said:
Are your GPU and chipset (NB/SB) drivers fully up to date? What flavor of Windows are you using?

Also, what PSU are you using (make/model)? How are your system temps?

All of my drivers are up to date. I am using Windows 7 Pro, and my PSU is Xclio 850W.
m
l
a c 217 V Motherboard
January 12, 2011 11:00:47 AM

PJohn said:
All of my drivers are up to date. I am using Windows 7 Pro, and my PSU is Xclio 850W.

If you aren't using hwmonitor already, google it, then download and install the free version to see how your temps are running at idle and under load. We will need this info to diagnose.

Good luck!
m
l
February 2, 2011 7:52:22 PM

Sorry I haven't posted in a while....my internet wasn't working so I had to get that fixed....anyway I've installed hwmonitor....
m
l
a c 217 V Motherboard
February 2, 2011 7:56:06 PM

So how are your temps running?
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
February 2, 2011 11:41:58 PM

Q - What OS?? I know Vista has some issues with BT.
Q - Are you using Windows built-in support for BT or did you install additional BT software?

To rule-out a conflict run MSCONFIG:
1. Load Diagnostic
2. Load Diagnostic + Microsoft
3. Load Diagnostic + Microsoft + Known {Apple, etc - SERVICES}
4. Load Diagnostic + Microsoft + Known {Apple, etc - SERVICES} + Startup {KNOWN}
5. Then start adding the rest 2-3 at a time; it is a slow process.

If you are running Win 7 open the Event Manager and look at the [+] Critical Error tree.
m
l
February 3, 2011 1:37:52 AM

Here are my temps:

And here are the error/critical events:
m
l
February 11, 2011 6:48:07 PM

Alright, my PC crashed again but this time it wasn't a pixel flurried nightmare, it actually showed the BSOD. It had something to do with the "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" and the stop was:

0x00000018 (0x0...0, 0xFFFFFA80061BD380, 0x0...4, 0xF...2)

( the "..." referring to the continuation of the number/letter)
m
l
February 13, 2011 3:06:24 AM

I just got another BSOD:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Stop: 0x0000003B

...awesome >.>
m
l
March 12, 2011 6:37:35 AM

Alright...I think I may have fixed the issue but I'm not quite sure yet. I re-reseated the RAM and cleaned off as much dust as possible from inside of my PC and things seem to be working fine...for now...
m
l
!