Push/Pull Setup Question

iantosca

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Below is my current fan setup. I drew it up in paint. I am not sure if my push/pull is setup to be optimal. I have a NZXT Zero 2 case. Overall there are 7 fans currently in the setup not including the CPU cooler which is an Asetek LCLC. or the built in graphics card fan Six of the fans are 120 and the top is 80.

I fail at understanding the entire push/pull methodology and I think my setup is alright. I have and OC Core i7 920 to 3.4ghz now and sit at anywhere between 34-40C idle. I am about to add in the top fan now and have it marked for pull. My PSU cage is at the top of the tower and not the bottom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

fansetup.jpg

Solution
The general rule of thumb is push air into front and sides, pull air out of the top and back. A CPU cooler flows front to back.

iantosca

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I guess that makes perfect sense. I just didn't think 4x 120 pushing and 2x 120 pulling with a top 80 pulling would be enough of a pull.

I just changed it all up to have all 4 side fans push, both back pull, and top pull. I don't see much of a change in idle but I'll run Prime and see what happens.

Thanks for the input.