HDMI sound switching

hanrak

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Hey folks,

Got an issue here that is more annoying than anything. Googled it but cant find an answer anywhere, anyway here goes.

So im running a 5970 and have 2 displays, the thing that bugs me is everytime i want to play a game or have sound on my primary monitor i have to switch to on board sound thru profiles ( i play with head sets so have to go through the audio jack on the PC case) and then when i want to watch films on my big 1080p TV i have to switch to ATi HDMI sound again through windows sound devices to get sound.

Is there a way i can get it so that it does this automatically? Iv tried disabling on board and just have it running through the HDMI audio but i get no sound on my primary monitor. Very annoying to have to keep switching between the 2. Anyway thanks for any help.

Han.

leon2006

Distinguished
The HDMI audio is on the primary display only. There is only one sound chip on the board.

I do the same thing with my 4890. The hdmi audio goes to the display i assign as primary display

A costly way would be to get some speakers and an amp. You could then use the audio out of your tv(I assume it has one) and run all your sound through the amp including connecting your headphones up to it.

I do that, have my computer squeezebox and cd player connected to an amp and switch between them easily enough.

Not quite what you are looking for I know but a simple solution.