Sign in with
Your question

Second monitor displaying pink

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 1, 2010 7:23:30 AM

So I recently decided to set up a second monitor on my desktop. It's a bit of an older Dell LCD, and it connects with a VGA cable, so I have to run it through an adapter to connect it to my video card. Everything works fine with the dual displays, but this second monitor is displaying everything with a pink tint to it. I've tried messing with the color settings, but I can't seem to fix it.

I tried using two different VGA cords, and three different DVI adapters with no changes. But then I decided to just attach it to my laptop with the VGA cable and the monitor displays perfectly, with no color problems. So this leads me to believe that the monitor is fine, and not dying.

So it seems like my problem could either be the VGA-DVI adapters (all three though?) or it's some compatibility issue with the software/hardware of my video card (Nvidia GTX 280 by the way, with the latest drivers released last week).

Does anybody have any ideas about how to fix this?

Thanks
a b C Monitor
April 1, 2010 7:49:29 PM

I had some bent pins on a VGA plug and also got your pink hue. You may have straighten them when you went to hook up to your laptop look at the plug closely and try the adaptor again.
m
l
April 1, 2010 10:23:11 PM

I've taken a look at both of the VGA cables I have and the pins look fine. Same for the adapters.
m
l
Related resources
!