HD 4650 to HD 5670 worth upgrade?

I need to make sure before I buy this card today for £80 that I will see a performance increase with my games. My worry is that my core 2 duo E6400 2.2Ghz will bottleneck the card and I will see no increase in performance by going from a Radeon HD 4650 to a HD 5670. Do you think that my processor will bottleneck the card, and do you think that it is worth the upgrade?

I have choose that card because people said that this is the only card around a £100 price limit that will work on my 300watt psu.

Thank you very much in advance for your comments.
14 answers Last reply
More about 4650 5670 worth upgrade
  1. adam_x_brookes said:
    I need to make sure before I buy this card today for £80 that I will see a performance increase with my games. My worry is that my core 2 duo E6400 2.2Ghz will bottleneck the card and I will see no increase in performance by going from a Radeon HD 4650 to a HD 5670. Do you think that my processor will bottleneck the card, and do you think that it is worth the upgrade?

I have choose that card because people said that this is the only card around a £100 price limit that will work on my 300watt psu.

Thank you very much in advance for your comments.

My other specs are in my siginiture by the way. =D
  2. What is your PSU? brand? model?
    yes, u will see a performance increase on that 5670. :)
  3. Yeah, it'll be worth it.
  4. It's defineatly faster, but don't expect a night/day difference.
  5. I dunno, especially if it is a DDR2 HD4650 the difference will be quite large.
  6. Hey there,

IMO you will see an improvement.

You may want to oc your cpu.

Here's a review (nearest comparison is to a 4670-close enough) :

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5670,2533.html

Good luck.

PS Test specs are different to your rig but the comparison should be relative.
  7. hell yeah!
  8. hunuok said:
    nearest comparison is to a 4670-close enough

The HD4670 is actually over 50% more powerful than the DDR2 HD4650 so no, it isn't necessarily very close at all.
  9. I like to be extremely frugal, but yeah I'd say it's definitely worthwhile. Depending on resolution and settings, I think you're in the range where a lot of games could easily go from unplayable to playable.
  10. I have the hd4670 and 5670 and I saw a noticable difference,plus a higher windows experience score for aero graphics and gaming graphics
  11. awesome thankyou everyone.... and it will work on a a 300watt psu... its generic, and came with my HP computer
  12. Since the card doesn't need additional power connector from PSU then it's okay, u'll be fine with that generic PSU. HD 5670 is a very low power consumption card. :)
  13. Thanks loads for the advice just bought it for £90 =D
    Do you think my procesor will bottleneck it? noobs on yahoo answers said that it would =S
  14. It will a bit on the more CPU intensive games. I would say to overclock it but on an HP I would have to guess that is impossible. You may want to consider a CPU upgrade.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Performance Bottleneck HD Graphics Product