Sign in with
Your question

Questions about FANS

Last response: in Systems
April 27, 2010 9:04:20 PM

Hi guys, so i just installed my computer. but i have a few questions however.

my case is a cooler master haf 932. and it has these fans:

top fan 230x30mm
rear fan 140x25mm
side fan 230x30mm

of course there's the cpu fan as well.

now, i already plugged in the cpu fan (noctua nh-d14) to the CPU FAN on the motherboard.

however, should i connect the top fan, rear fan, and side fan, to the motherboard's SYS_FAN2, SYS_FAN1/PWR_FAN, SYS_FAN3 ?

some people say it's not a good idea to plug in such big fans directly to the motherboard like that and that i should just use 4 pin molex cables to connect them tot he power supply.

what are your thoughts?

More about : questions fans

a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
April 27, 2010 9:09:37 PM

Either works. The warning about using the motherboard connectors is mostly that you don't want to try to plug a lot of fans into a single connector. I will caution you that if you plug them into the molex connectors from the PSU, you will not be able to use software to control the fans.
m
l
April 27, 2010 9:19:28 PM

so if my computer's case is very good in ventilating hot air and i dont need to speed up the fan.. then there's really no need for me to use the software to adjust the speed then right?
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
April 27, 2010 9:43:34 PM

That's one way to look at it. However, you can use software to automatically speed up the case fans when you're using the GPU/CPU or when they reach certain temperatures. It's certainly not necessary by any means.
m
l
!