Questions about FANS

Hi guys, so i just installed my computer. but i have a few questions however.

my case is a cooler master haf 932. and it has these fans:

top fan 230x30mm
rear fan 140x25mm
side fan 230x30mm

of course there's the cpu fan as well.

now, i already plugged in the cpu fan (noctua nh-d14) to the CPU FAN on the motherboard.

however, should i connect the top fan, rear fan, and side fan, to the motherboard's SYS_FAN2, SYS_FAN1/PWR_FAN, SYS_FAN3 ?

some people say it's not a good idea to plug in such big fans directly to the motherboard like that and that i should just use 4 pin molex cables to connect them tot he power supply.

what are your thoughts?
3 answers Last reply
More about questions fans
  1. Either works. The warning about using the motherboard connectors is mostly that you don't want to try to plug a lot of fans into a single connector. I will caution you that if you plug them into the molex connectors from the PSU, you will not be able to use software to control the fans.
  2. so if my computer's case is very good in ventilating hot air and i dont need to speed up the fan.. then there's really no need for me to use the software to adjust the speed then right?
  3. That's one way to look at it. However, you can use software to automatically speed up the case fans when you're using the GPU/CPU or when they reach certain temperatures. It's certainly not necessary by any means.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Fan CPUs Motherboards Systems