Sign in with
Your question

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected

Last response: in Windows XP
January 12, 2013 10:54:01 PM

Hello,
I can't delete mcafee shortcuts located in start menu/programs folder after I uninstalled this program, also MCLOGS folder. It gives this message "Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and the file is not currently in use". Is someone has an idea what to do? Thanks
January 12, 2013 11:24:21 PM

How did you uninstall the program? Through the add/remove programs in the control panel (or was it off the start menu, McAfee folder/uninstall)?

When I uninstalled McAfee, I noticed eventhough I received a completion message, there was a McAfee process still going in the processes list.
I just reformatted; but, perhaps you could kill the process, and THEN delete them....perhaps.
m
l
January 23, 2013 7:24:45 PM

Hello,
I solved this problem with the advise that someone referred the Mcafee uninstall tool for a Mcafee programs, after I run this tool, I deleted that shortcuts, using Malwarebytes' program. I used before Malwarebytes' to uninstall this shortcuts, and it didn't work, only after I run the Mcafee uninstall tool, the Malwarebytes' deleted them.
But there is not anymore this poster, i.e. reply to my question (somebody deleted it?), therefore I can't choose the best answer, and when I click "My threads", I have a message "There is no threads you posted in".
Thanks for your help, I appreciate your program!
m
l
Related resources
!