Sign in with
Your question

ASROCK P4Dual-915GL

Last response: in Motherboards
January 10, 2011 10:02:59 AM

Hi...
So there's a problem with this Mobo ASROCK P4Dual-915GL
It refused to work after my PSU crashed.
Still the PSU is working.. It has actually too low voltage in some chanells...

What could possibly be wrong with the MOBO and is there any possibilities to fix the damage?

More about : asrock p4dual 915gl

a c 1163 V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 2:17:49 AM

Motherboard will not work if the PSU is not delivering the correct voltage (within or close to ATX specs)
January 11, 2011 7:04:58 AM

rolli59 said:
Motherboard will not work if the PSU is not delivering the correct voltage (within or close to ATX specs)

but i even attched NEW PSU and it didn't work.. :( 

How to say..

The thing is...

When i press Power button, nothing happens...
But when i shrotcut Gray and green wires as the connector is on mobo... It turns on all devices....
But still.. Not working :( 
Related resources
a c 199 V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 7:13:10 AM

Sounds like your PSU dying took the motherboard with it. It is actually pretty common. You need a new motherboard.
January 11, 2011 9:33:01 AM

anort3 said:
Sounds like your PSU dying took the motherboard with it. It is actually pretty common. You need a new motherboard.

If honestly... I had the same feeling...

But i was just wondering.. If there any possibilities to review it! :S I guess NOT.. :( 
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 2:43:55 PM

It's possible, but not likely, that the board could still work but that something else was damaged and is preventing it from being able to POST. Disconnect everything from the board except the CPU, case speaker, a working PSU, keyboard, monitor to the onboard video,and 1 stick of RAM. You should either see output from the onboard video, or get a beep code for no video if the onboard video was disabled. If you get nothing, then it's fried. If does POST, then test it one item at a time. Even if it manages to POST it's possible that other parts of it were damaged so expansion slots and drive controllers may not function, which would make it useless.

Test it out with parts that weren't in that system the time it fried. A dead hard drive or disk drive can prevent a board from being able to POST, though you don't really see that on newer boards. A dead video card could also prevent you from being able to POST
!