G

Hi everyone

I am not familiar with how to go about this and could really use some assistance.

My goal is to output 6 simple non intensive Java Applets to 6 separate monitors the absolute cheapest possible way. Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to do this?

I was thinking a board with three PCI-E slots along with 3 dual head PCI-E video cards? Would this work? If so, do you recommend any boards or video cards from Newegg?

Thanks
Jim

Two Radeon 5000 series cards, assuming you get them with display port. ATI cards can run 3 monitors if one of the outputs is display port. You will have to use at least one monitor with display port or an active converter though. The cheapest one that will support 3 monitors is

POWERCOLOR Go! Green AX5450 $44.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131345

It's a dog if you want to use any kind of 3d acceleration on it though. If you don't have monitors with display port, or you don't want to pay for the converter, then you can just use a board that has 3-PCI-E slots and any modern low end GPU. Just about every modern GPU can drive at least two displays at the same time.

TRENDING THREADS