IBM 390X

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
September 24, 2004 1:22:29 PM

Help!
I bought this laptop and it has a lock on cmos and of course I don't know
the password. I took it apart looking for the cmos battery but couldn't
locate it. Can someone help me reset it so I can use the machine?

The person that knows is getting my vote to win the lottery!
Thank you!
Rick Benefiel
(206)685-2758

More about : ibm 390x

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 24, 2004 9:39:01 PM

Richard Benefiel <benefiel@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Help!
> I bought this laptop and it has a lock on cmos and of course I don't
> know the password. I took it apart looking for the cmos battery but
> couldn't locate it. Can someone help me reset it so I can use the
> machine?

Depends on whether you're referring to a Power On Password:
http://www.nortek.on.ca/hdd_pw.html#Power

Or a Supervisor Password: http://www.nortek.on.ca/hdd_pw.html#Supervisor

--
Regards,