Your question

What graphic card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
April 1, 2010 1:18:25 PM

Hello,my old graphics card died on me a few days ago and I have no idea what card would be compatibvle for my Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard which does have an AGP slot. I have 1gb of memory DDR400 Dimm PC3200. I would like to upgrade to Windows 7 if that would be possible on my motherboard, if not then a graphics card with minimum 256mb memory. I need to get a new graphics card immediately as my daughter is getting really annoyed with me as I keep using her laptop. lol Please help me. Kind regards SD

More about : graphic card

a c 147 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
April 1, 2010 1:25:05 PM

I'd pick one up on ebay cheap. If your graphics card died and you want to go to Windows 7, it really sounds like a good time for a new system. Just my opinion.

That is an old 478 P4 motherboard and running windows 7 might be a bit of a challenge on an older system.
April 1, 2010 2:48:35 PM

the Radeon HD 3850 AGP is the best AGP card still available. You should be able to pick a new one up in online stores.

have one my self, and it runs games like fallout3 pretty good, but newer and more demanding titles (like Farcry2) it is that great.
a c 130 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
April 1, 2010 3:22:27 PM

Something cheap would probably be the way to go. Depending on your PSU you would probably have trouble running the 3850 anyway as it takes quite a bit of power.
What GPU did you have before and what size/res is your monitor ? Also what games are you looking at playing.

Mactronix
!