Pegatron m2n78-la drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckberg

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Hello,
My friend just put a Corsair 850 watt power supply in his HP P6404y machine and tried to upgrade the Nvidia 9100 stock video card to an Nvidia GTX 460 and the machine would run fine, however when he tried to play games the machine would start beeping and shut down which is usually a symptom of a GPU overheat condition. He then returned the GTX460 and upgraded to a PNY GTX 470 thinking his first card was from a no-name vendor and the same problem occurs. He then put a large fan next to his computer with the side off and if the machine starts beeping he turns that on and can continue to run, but I told him that option is not recommended. There is nothing in the Bios to see what the settings are for heat monitoring on a GPU, and there is no log generated showing what the cause of the shutdown is. We have looked online for help and there is none available for this Pegatron m2n78-la motherboard made by Asus for HP. Is there any software that allows us to monitor and change the settings for heat ranges on a GPU, or is there any other way to identify what the machine is monitoring for heat so we can try to fix this. The bios options are very limited so we really are stuck on this one. Please help!! Thanks :)

Chuck

Solution
Agreed. This is why we build our own computer because we know what's in it. We don't go buy parts without months of research first. So do some research, figure out your budget, and have fun! Also to note sandy bridge just came out so you might want to consider the p67 chipsets for gaming. Also the geforce 560's are coming out soon. The 570s are only 350 so you might want to consider that VC - it's pretty nice.

Case I recommend are the Antec performance series. I have the p180 but their latest version is the P193. if you need help on what parts to get just post here. I'm sure someone can help.

chuckberg

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Ok, here is an update. We tried 2 new video cards, a new PSU, and a new CPU cooler and nothing seems to work. Using some software it appears the processor is being supplied the wrong amount of voltage, but HP in their infinite wisdom have disabled any ability to change that setting to what is required. We ended up returning all of the new hardware and put the old Nvidia 9700 pro back in and we have very basic video game ability with poor frame rates. So for now we are just going with build your own as the large pc makers don't want you to do more than they can with their hardware. I personally won't be buying any more HP or Dell pcs until they stop tinkering with them and putting crapware on them.

Agreed. This is why we build our own computer because we know what's in it. We don't go buy parts without months of research first. So do some research, figure out your budget, and have fun! Also to note sandy bridge just came out so you might want to consider the p67 chipsets for gaming. Also the geforce 560's are coming out soon. The 570s are only 350 so you might want to consider that VC - it's pretty nice.

Case I recommend are the Antec performance series. I have the p180 but their latest version is the P193. if you need help on what parts to get just post here. I'm sure someone can help.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.