Hitachi Sony TX36D75VC1CAB Bright but not displaying anyth..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
September 24, 2004 1:50:40 PM

There was an accident recently with a friends Sony Vaio PCG-F180
laptop recently and the LCD was severly cracked. I obtained a
replacement of the model number above, but after connecting all I see
is a well-lit screen, but not displaying anything. The port to the
external monitor is fine and the laptop is working just fine
otherwise. To summarize, when I toggle the function key combination to
power up the LCD and the external monitor, I see everything on the
monitor as I should, but just a bright LCD screen. I have attempted to
adjust the brightness/contract but with no effect.

Any ideas? I think the LCD I bought was good.

I read recently that this might be due to an inverter? could that be
my problem? if so, what is an inverter and where would I get one for
this LCD?

Would another possibility be that the LCD I bought is not making a
good connection somewhere in one of it's internal ribbon connectors,
since it looks a little suspect. If so, is this fixable?

It would be huge if I could get this working, so I'd really appreciate
any advice at all. Thanks for all the help.

Cheers,
Tim.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 25, 2004 7:33:35 AM

"Tim R. Betts" <tbetts@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> There was an accident recently with a friends Sony Vaio PCG-F180
> laptop recently and the LCD was severly cracked. I obtained a
> replacement of the model number above, but after connecting all I see
> is a well-lit screen, but not displaying anything. The port to the
> external monitor is fine and the laptop is working just fine
> otherwise. To summarize, when I toggle the function key combination to
> power up the LCD and the external monitor, I see everything on the
> monitor as I should, but just a bright LCD screen. I have attempted to
> adjust the brightness/contract but with no effect.
>
> Any ideas? I think the LCD I bought was good.
>
> I read recently that this might be due to an inverter? could that be
> my problem? if so, what is an inverter and where would I get one for
> this LCD?
>
> Would another possibility be that the LCD I bought is not making a
> good connection somewhere in one of it's internal ribbon connectors,
> since it looks a little suspect. If so, is this fixable?
>
> It would be huge if I could get this working, so I'd really appreciate
> any advice at all. Thanks for all the help.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim.

The inverter is for the LCD backlight and since you have backlinghting I
suspect its a bad display ribbon connection too. Try to remove and reinstall
the ribbon connector.
!