T2X - Can't continue past the Shadowing mission?

Having tried 3 times now after finishing the Shadowing mission and
watching the cut screen, when I continue, The Oracle of the Prophets T2
FM loads.
I checked my T2 FM folder, and the Saves and All Saves Folder in T2
and all FM's have been deleted.
I really don't want to go through the process of uninstalling every
thing and reinstalling everything.
Can there be another alternative to doing that?
Albert

nightwalker

"Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
> Having tried 3 times now after finishing the Shadowing mission and
> watching the cut screen, when I continue, The Oracle of the Prophets T2 FM
> loads.
> I checked my T2 FM folder, and the Saves and All Saves Folder in T2 and
> all FM's have been deleted.
> I really don't want to go through the process of uninstalling every thing
> and reinstalling everything.
> Can there be another alternative to doing that?
> Albert

I don't much about tech stuff but I found this thread at TTLG:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96828
If I'm reading it right, you need to open your T2 game file and check to see
if you have any mission files over #16 and delete them. If you're worried
about messing things up, just cut it and put it someplace else so you can
replace it if necessary. Maybe somebody else here will know more about it.

Nightwalker

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"Nightwalker" <nightwalkerfmleavemealone@shaw.ca> wrote in
message news:ToYoe.1585162$Xk.429218@pd7tw3no
> "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Having tried 3 times now after finishing the Shadowing
>> mission and watching the cut screen, when I continue,
>> The Oracle of the Prophets T2 FM loads.
>> I checked my T2 FM folder, and the Saves and All Saves
>> Folder in T2 and all FM's have been deleted.
>> I really don't want to go through the process of
>> uninstalling every thing and reinstalling everything.
>> Can there be another alternative to doing that?
>> Albert
>
> I don't much about tech stuff but I found this thread at
> TTLG: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96828
> If I'm reading it right, you need to open your T2 game
> file and check to see if you have any mission files over
> #16 and delete them. If you're worried about messing
> things up, just cut it and put it someplace else so you
> can replace it if necessary. Maybe somebody else here
> will know more about it.

What you said works. I had to delete the the game
files from FMs in the T2 folder to prevent going into
Isle of Iron in the middle of T2X. Some FMs and
T2X use the same mission numbers.

Nightwalker wrote:

> I don't much about tech stuff but I found this thread at TTLG:
> http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96828
> If I'm reading it right, you need to open your T2 game file and check to see
> if you have any mission files over #16 and delete them. If you're worried
> about messing things up, just cut it and put it someplace else so you can
> replace it if necessary. Maybe somebody else here will know more about it.
>
> Nightwalker

Which directory would the game files be in? I see several references
to Oracle in the Thief 2 Directory.
Albert

Nightwalker wrote:

> "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>> Having tried 3 times now after finishing the Shadowing mission and
>>watching the cut screen, when I continue, The Oracle of the Prophets T2 FM
>>loads.
>> I checked my T2 FM folder, and the Saves and All Saves Folder in T2 and
>>all FM's have been deleted.
>> I really don't want to go through the process of uninstalling every thing
>>and reinstalling everything.
>> Can there be another alternative to doing that?
>>Albert
>

> I don't much about tech stuff but I found this thread at TTLG:
> http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96828
> If I'm reading it right, you need to open your T2 game file and check to see
> if you have any mission files over #16 and delete them. If you're worried
> about messing things up, just cut it and put it someplace else so you can
> replace it if necessary. Maybe somebody else here will know more about it.
>
> Nightwalker

Okay. I deleted all above .mis 16. Did not worry about saving it
elsewhere. If need be, I will just restart the whole thing.
Looks like T2 FM's are on hold for me for a while.
Albert

>> I don't much about tech stuff but I found this thread at TTLG:
>> http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96828
>> If I'm reading it right, you need to open your T2 game file and check
>> to see if you have any mission files over #16 and delete them. If
>> you're worried about messing things up, just cut it and put it
>> someplace else so you can replace it if necessary. Maybe somebody else
>> here will know more about it.
>>
>> Nightwalker
Why did I not listen to Nightwalker? I deleted instead of cutting and
pasting elsewhere and now T2X won't work at all. :-((
Albert

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 02:43:37 GMT, Albert Conklin <aconklin@satx.rr.com>
wrote:
> Why did I not listen to Nightwalker? I deleted instead of cutting and
>pasting elsewhere and now T2X won't work at all. :-((

If you use DarkLoader you can try resetting your Thief 2 to default but
if you've manually installed and/or removed fan missions prior to
installing DarkLoader or T2X some FM stuff may be left behind.

Best bet is a clean install of Thief 2, patch it, install DarkLoader,
then you can play fan missions and know it should always be able to
revert back to basic Thief 2.

--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/>