Computer would not power on with new ram

Hello all,

So I recently purchased new memory for my Toshiba Satellite A105-S1712. When I installed the stick and reassembled my computer, the power light would come on, I would hear the fan start, then the light would go off and the fan would stop, then the process would repeat about 4 or 5 times before the computer shut down altogether. What is the problem? I made sure the new module was the same speed and had the exact same CL as the original, so everything seems to be compatible, and I made sure the ejector clips closed properly and the module was completely inserted, but still my computer does what I said earlier. What could be the problem?
4 answers Last reply
More about computer power
  1. If you installed the new modules correctly, then it sounds like you got bad RAM. You could send it back for replacement RAM.
  2. huh... what are some common mistakes though, cuz I wanna be sure it's not just my own mistake. like i said, I made sure the ejector pins were locked on it and it was inserted all the way, so is there anything else to check for? i made sure I was grounded and everything.
  3. one other question i had, this module has a heat spreader on it (i think) would that be getting in the way? cuz the module installed now is bare, so is that a problem?
  4. Best answer selected by jg3220.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Computer Power