HD 4670, picture not sharp.

OldAMD

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Installed all of the drivers on the motherboard and video card. Everything reads normal. At all DPI and color settings, the picture is not as sharp. I had a Nvidia 7600GT and it has really sharp pictures and letters. It seems like this HD Card made everything less-sharp the letters are low-quality. I even adjusted the windows as "best quality and not much happened.

Second question: On my 7600GT video card, there was an electrical plug-in. However, this HD 4670 card, there's no electrical plug. Is this normal? Is it suppose to get electricity from the PCI slot?

Thanks in Advance.

I don't know if this makes a difference but my monitor is plugged into the DVI slot and the video card went straight into the PCI 2.0 slot.

Solution

That takes care of the last two questions. What about monitor CRT or LCD?

OldAMD

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

When I upgraded my Motherboard, ram, video card and processor, I wiped the whole hard drive clean and installed Windows XP. I just wanted to get a fresh start so my computer can use the appropriate drivers.

Regardless of the resolution, all the picture quality is the same. On the ancient 7600GT, all the of resolutions were sharp and clear.

That takes care of the last two questions. What about monitor CRT or LCD?

Solution

OldAMD

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW.

Ok, it seems like the only resolution that works is the Max 1680x1050 setting. The other resolutions were too inferior for this video card.

Problem is that everything is small. I guess that's better.

Kursun

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008

If the fonts and icons are small, you can make them larger.

Everything being smal small is one thing,
when you view a photograph, the picture not being sharp and detailed is different.

Your problem seems to be not sharpness, but smallness of fonts and icons. That's not a problem with the video card. It's a matter of adjustment of windows.

TRENDING THREADS