FM: Having a Ball

I'm stuck pretty early on in this mission. I have broken into the shed and
got the front door key and I have also got the wooden pole from the area
where the skeleton things are patrolling.

Trouble is, once I am inside the abbey, I cannot seem to get anywhere. The
door to the right leads down into the basement/catacombs where there is a
few bits of loot but ultimately a dead end. The door to the left is locked
and according to the note next to it, the key is "upstairs." As for the
large portcullis type thing blocking the entrance to the main part of the
abbey, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to open it.

Some pointers would be appreciated!

nightwalker

"Paul Harris" <paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm stuck pretty early on in this mission. I have broken into the shed and
> got the front door key and I have also got the wooden pole from the area
> where the skeleton things are patrolling.
>
> Trouble is, once I am inside the abbey, I cannot seem to get anywhere. The
> door to the right leads down into the basement/catacombs where there is a
> few bits of loot but ultimately a dead end. The door to the left is locked
> and according to the note next to it, the key is "upstairs." As for the
> large portcullis type thing blocking the entrance to the main part of the
> abbey, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to open it.
>
> Some pointers would be appreciated!

There's a lever on the wall in one of the basement rooms that you must have
overlooked. It opens the gate blocking the hallway upstairs.

Nightwalker

--
Remove "leavemealone" from email address when replying.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:23:02 +0100, "Paul Harris"
<paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I'm stuck pretty early on in this mission. I have broken into the shed and
>got the front door key and I have also got the wooden pole from the area
>where the skeleton things are patrolling.
>
>Trouble is, once I am inside the abbey, I cannot seem to get anywhere. The
>door to the right leads down into the basement/catacombs where there is a
>few bits of loot but ultimately a dead end. The door to the left is locked
>and according to the note next to it, the key is "upstairs." As for the
>large portcullis type thing blocking the entrance to the main part of the
>abbey, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to open it.
>
>Some pointers would be appreciated!

There is a switch in one of the tomb rooms in the basement.

"Spud" <spud@tatties.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:23:02 +0100, "Paul Harris"
> <paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I'm stuck pretty early on in this mission. I have broken into the shed
and
> >got the front door key and I have also got the wooden pole from the area
> >where the skeleton things are patrolling.
> >
> >Trouble is, once I am inside the abbey, I cannot seem to get anywhere.
The
> >door to the right leads down into the basement/catacombs where there is a
> >few bits of loot but ultimately a dead end. The door to the left is
locked
> >and according to the note next to it, the key is "upstairs." As for the
> >large portcullis type thing blocking the entrance to the main part of the
> >abbey, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to open it.
> >
> >Some pointers would be appreciated!
> >

> There is a switch in one of the tomb rooms in the basement.

Thanks guys! Man, that was freaky mission. Especially the scarecrows.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I opened the portcullis to the main hall, dodged the bat and sneaked
upstairs past the 2 patrolling skeletons, I went to the far back and
lookup to the roof and saw a ape beast looking figure that disappeared
soon after, then I moved along the hallway, following an apparition to
a room where .. I think a hammer apparition killed the apparition I was
following, after that I'm stuck and have no idea where to do next..
could someone give me some hints?

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

On 24 Jun 2005 10:27:46 -0700, "Dave" <pplppp@gmail.com> wrote:

>I opened the portcullis to the main hall, dodged the bat and sneaked
>upstairs past the 2 patrolling skeletons, I went to the far back and
>lookup to the roof and saw a ape beast looking figure that disappeared
>soon after, then I moved along the hallway, following an apparition to
>a room where .. I think a hammer apparition killed the apparition I was
>following, after that I'm stuck and have no idea where to do next..
>could someone give me some hints?

There's a switch in the room at the corner of the 3rd/4th corridors
(it's the room with a ring on the windowsill). The switch opens a
secret passage on the rhs of the 4th corridor.