Hello,

I would like to create an account in WindowsXP-Prof (SP2), which shall
enable the account holder to transfer files via networkt into a selected
directory, but which does **not** allow the user to locally log into
the PC. How can this be realized?

Thank you for suggestions.

Kind regards

Peter

Via the Local poilicy. Disable for that account permission to logon locally.
Permission to logon from network is enabled by default.

--PA

"Peter Loosen" <PeterLoosen@epost.de> wrote in message news:eNrj5BW9EHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I would like to create an account in WindowsXP-Prof (SP2), which shall
> enable the account holder to transfer files via networkt into a selected
> directory, but which does **not** allow the user to locally log into
> the PC. How can this be realized?
>
> Thank you for suggestions.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Peter

Hello,

Pavel A. schrieb:
> Via the Local poilicy. Disable for that account permission to logon locally.
> Permission to logon from network is enabled by default.

Thanks a lot, it works.

Peter