proxicide

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: with in 3 Weeks
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Headphones, Windows 7
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: http://www.newegg.com
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
PARTS PREFERENCES: (Asus, Gigabyte Mobo) (Not sure between Intel / AMD CPU Quad Core?), G-Skill Mem 4GB At least
OVERCLOCKING: No
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe
MONITOR RESOLUTION: (My Monitor supports 1440x900)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

I am thinking of using this, seems to have alot of air flow, theres a chance i might go liquid cooling later on
but for now i am going to stick with Air Cooling, the only downside is it doesnt have any fan-filters for dust which i think is a major important role for extended hardware life... If you can find anything better and same amount of room and air-flow with filters please go ahead and share

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

I am looking for products that have Good customer support, and are reliable for long-term use, i usually spend 8hrs + on the computer

Games i plan to play Anno 1404, Modern Warfare 2, World of Warcraft, Guildwars 2, GTA IV, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Update
Will i have to replace the stock CPU heat sink? for better cooling because i do use the computer frequently everyday

Note: This will be my first computer with in 10 years, my last one just actually died im amazed it has lasted this long, i had a Geforce 6800 Ultra OC, AMD 3200+, MSI K8.. Mobo 1GB DDR 400mhz (i think it was?)

proxicide

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
i have windows 7, sorry i should of displayed that on the parts i didn't need

well the reason for liquid cooling i thought i might need to if i ever went SLI/CrossFire because i do use the computer a lot and it does generate heat and with 2 GPU cards the heat would go up in the case...

Its been 10 years since ive had a computer for gaming, and im just so anxious lol

Your probably right i guess, i am so confused on what to pick and have my computer future proof

proxicide

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010

I was kinda thinking of a AMD 955 x4, i've been up all night mostly thinking of how to build the computer i feel almost stressed i guess

eja78

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010

I think it would be smart to get the 955 if you can afford it, because then you won't have to worry about upgrading for quite awhile, and in a year or two you can always buy another 5770 and throw it in crossfire which will give you a big boost in performance for the newer games that come out.

And yes I completely understand how stressed you feel, you start to overthink and worry if your gonna make the wrong choice of parts or mess up the build, all I can suggest is just relax and enjoy building you're own "Personal" computer, because you'll be thoroughly satisfied at the end. :)

Good luck.

Yep, that case is real nice, but spending 20% of budget on a case is insane.

And the Antec 300 illusion comes bundled with a 650W PSU on the egg, Good choice.

proxicide

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

COOLER MASTER CM690 II Advanced Black Steel body / Plastic + Mesh bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

SAPPHIRE 100245HDMI Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified ...

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ955FBGIBOX

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard + G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Grand Total: $699.63

I've been looking around, not sure if all of the things i have will be compatible with each other, example the ASUS mobo, doesnt support C3 cpus, but response from ASUS states

Manufacturer Response : Dear Valued Customer,

This is true. Always check our CPU compatibility list at http://support.asus.com for the motherboard/CPU in question before you make your purchase.

The C3 X4 965 (125W) needs BIOS revision 0605 or newer in order to be recognized by the motherboard. The X4 965 (140W) will work with this board from the initial BIOS revision on.

The next shipments of this model motherboard will have the latest BIOS revision, 0605.

Best Regards,

ASUS Support Team

I dont know how long ago that response was, i wonder how long it takes for new rev shipments come out?