Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Gateway FX6801-03 R01.B0 Bios Update Necessary?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 11, 2011 8:45:26 PM

Happened to surf Gateway Support the other day and found out that they were rolling a new Bios Update for my FX6801-03 Desktop. It is titled: R01.B0. The update came out on 07/13/2010 (im late :)  and says that it fixes "s4 suspend black screen and halt on". I am wondering what this fix really does as I have no clue as to what it means. I downloaded the update and the instructions on how to install the update in Vista were wrong. So my question is, what does the update does, should I install it, how do I install it.

Link to Gateway: http://support.gateway.com/product/default.aspx?tab=1&m...

Thanks before hand for any and all answers.

================================

My FX6801-03 came with Vista but I upgraded to Windows 7 thanks to an offer of "free upgrade" that Gateway was rolling at the time.

Best solution

a c 1131 V Motherboard
January 11, 2011 8:59:29 PM

If you are not having any issues there is no reason to update. Looks like it has to do with power savings options and sleep mode.
January 11, 2011 9:13:30 PM

rolli59 said:
If you are not having any issues there is no reason to update. Looks like it has to do with power savings options and sleep mode.

Ohhh thanks... I was just wandering cause I am having the popular "Starting Windows Freeze" after restart and not shutdown but I guess that is another story and not related to the Bios at all. I am a newb lol. I'll be making a new post about that issue in the future since I been surfing the web for solutions and none of the solutions have worked for me, even those here at Toms'.

So thank you rolli, was just wandering....
Score
Related resources
January 11, 2011 9:14:02 PM

Best answer selected by FX6801.
Score
a c 135 V Motherboard
January 12, 2011 6:03:00 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!