ATI 5870 Flickers Duel screen

kumquat

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Hey,
My 5870, just got it. Driver updated. Havent palyed with settings or anything just yet and my Duel screen is flickering like nuts :S Anyone help?

1. Open CCC

2. Unlock and Enable Overdrive if they aren’t already.

3. Go to Options/Profiles/Profiles Manager. Create a new profile. Under composition make sure “ATI Overdrive” is checked. Save and Close, DO NOT ACTIVATE.

4. In windows go to: C:\Users\{yourusername}\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles (you will need to have “show hidden files” turned on for this)

5. Open the xml document with the name of the profile you just created (notepad is fine)

6. Change the values of the Clock and Memory speeds to look like this (these specific values are what worked for me and my card, use judgment) EDIT ONLY THE BOLD VALUES.

Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0"

Property name="Want_0" value="40000"

Property name="Want_1" value="60000"

Property name="Want_2" value="85000"

Feature

Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0"

Property name="Want_0" value="90000"

Property name="Want_1" value="90000"

Property name="Want_2" value="120000"

7. Save and close. Go back to CCC and activate the profile you just created.

This will make the card idle at 400core, 900memory. (2D clocks are the "Want_0" values)

kumquat

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Alright thanks, i'll give this a shot, Thought i should mention a few things;

A) Primary Is DVI, Secondary screen is a DVI to AVG addapt.
B) While you were typing this out for me, thank you btw, I thought id give it a go and pull the good'ol Unplug and plug back in trick. Haha the flickering stopped. Pretty sure though if i restart the computer, it'll just happen again.

Also Messing with these settings the way you just told me, this wont effect my game play/Fps all that good stuff on my Primary screen will it? All it'll do is stop it from flickering - or will there be slight FPS lose?