TX2: Grand Hotel

Well, I think I've been everywhere but I can't work out how to get in to the
basement. You know, the door with no handle. In fact, I'm sure I found two
lots of stairs down in to the basement but now I can only find one.

Anyway, all hints appreciated...!

JJ (UK)

JJ (UK) wrote:
> Well, I think I've been everywhere but I can't work out how to get in to the
> basement. You know, the door with no handle. In fact, I'm sure I found two
> lots of stairs down in to the basement but now I can only find one.
>
> Anyway, all hints appreciated...!
>
> JJ (UK)

Ummm... you need a key.

I'll be damed if I can remember where you get it from though.

Daniel.

"Daniel C" <dontemailme@all.com> wrote in message
> JJ (UK) wrote:

> Ummm... you need a key.
>
> I'll be damed if I can remember where you get it from though.

Ah, well I've just found myself back at part of the hotel I'd stopped, and
thus not finished, exploring earlier (I ran in front of a hidden big robot
and had to run for my life!)

:)

JJ (UK)

"Daniel C" <dontemailme@all.com> wrote in message

> Ummm... you need a key.

But Argh! Where's the Hotel Manager's Room key!?

*sniff*

JJ (UK)

"Daniel C" <dontemailme@all.com> wrote in message
> JJ (UK) wrote:
> > Well, I think I've been everywhere but I can't work out how to get in to
the
> > basement. You know, the door with no handle. In fact, I'm sure I found
two
> > lots of stairs down in to the basement but now I can only find one.
> >
> > Anyway, all hints appreciated...!
> >
> > JJ (UK)
>
> Ummm... you need a key.
>
> I'll be damed if I can remember where you get it from though.

You get the key from the manager's office. I can't quite remember how to get
in there but I know to begin with you have to get a key from a guard who is
patrolling in a room just off the hallway with a large Karras statue. I
think that opens the vault and the managers key might be in there. Something
like that anyway.

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:21:00 GMT, "JJ \(UK\)" <nah@way.com> wrote:

>Well, I think I've been everywhere but I can't work out how to get in to the
>basement. You know, the door with no handle. In fact, I'm sure I found two
>lots of stairs down in to the basement but now I can only find one.
>
>Anyway, all hints appreciated...!

The key to the basement is in the general managers office (next to the
hotel safe room with the heavy security outside), but you should get the
blackmail note from the accounting office upstairs before confronting
him to make life easier.

If I remember rightly I got the security key from the guard officer
upstairs by the Karras statue, went back downstairs and disabled the
lobby security (small room near the restaurant), and took the key from
the board lobby desk to get into the accounting office at the top of the
building.

--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/>

"Alfie [UK]" <alfie@delphia.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:21:00 GMT, "JJ \(UK\)" <nah@way.com> wrote:
>
> The key to the basement is in the general managers office

Ah, but how do I get in there? The door is locked and I can't find a key for
it anywhere...!

JJ (UK)

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"JJ (UK)" <nah@way.com> wrote in message
> "Alfie [UK]" <alfie@delphia.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:21:00 GMT, "JJ \(UK\)"
>> <nah@way.com> wrote:
>>
>> The key to the basement is in the general managers office
>
> Ah, but how do I get in there? The door is locked and I
> can't find a key for it anywhere...!
>
> JJ (UK)

Check the lobby where the two camera-alarm faces are.

"Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote in message

> Check the lobby where the two camera-alarm faces are.

*stupidboxthatIknowIsearchedearlierIknowIdidI'msureIdid*
*mustbeabuginthestupidgameIknowIsearchedthatboxearlier*

Cheers, Mos!

> "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote in message
>>

>> Check the lobby where the two camera-alarm faces are.
>
> *stupidboxthatIknowIsearchedearlierIknowIdidI'msureIdid*
> *mustbeabuginthestupidgameIknowIsearchedthatboxearlier*
>
> Cheers, Mos!
>
> JJ (UK)

Seems some small items in the game have a narrower
latitude to highlight on than T2.

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 12:37:50 -0600, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote:

>"JJ (UK)" <nah@way.com> wrote in message
>> "Alfie [UK]" <alfie@delphia.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:21:00 GMT, "JJ \(UK\)"
>>> <nah@way.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The key to the basement is in the general managers office
>>
>> Ah, but how do I get in there? The door is locked and I
>> can't find a key for it anywhere...!
>>
>> JJ (UK)
>
>Check the lobby where the two camera-alarm faces are.

As Mos says,. I'm sure there is a 'spare' in the lobby and a note about
it elsewhere, something to do with the manager 'losing' his often.

Once you have read most of the notes the clues are there :)

--
Alfie
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/>

"JJ (UK)" <nah@way.com> wrote in message
> "Alfie [UK]" <alfie@delphia.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:21:00 GMT, "JJ \(UK\)" <nah@way.com> wrote:
>>
>> The key to the basement is in the general managers office
>
> Ah, but how do I get in there? The door is locked and I can't find a key
> for
> it anywhere...!

I got so frustrated with that door, so I ended up bashing it down. Found the
key later on though :p