Sign in with
Your question

Second Life and ATI RADEON 9100 IGP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 2, 2010 6:57:45 AM

The graphics card in my borrowed PC is listed on Second Life's as a " not been tested", well I can get into SL and do all things except see, the rendering of my AV and objects are grey, the sky is as it should be, blue and can pick up the changes in Day to Night.
Whilst I know that it is untested, is there anything anyone knows of OR am I stuck to just checking msgs and talk to friends without being about to see clearly?

The comp INFO: Intel 4CPU 2.60GHZ
Graphics card listed: ATI Radeon 9100IGP
a c 106 U Graphics card
April 2, 2010 2:51:38 PM

Try a different Driver Version. You can get the latest legacy drivers from AMDs website.
m
l
April 24, 2010 12:21:44 AM

Have tried everything, its frustrating to have everything work in SL but not able to see.. oh for a new graphics card! Thanks.. :) 
m
l
Related resources
May 1, 2010 1:59:52 AM

daye159 said:
i use to have loads of problems with second life but everything works now i found out you need a top of the line graphics card to be able to play second life this is what i recommend for second life

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks Daye
Yeah, actually until my computer crashed, never realised how picky SL is with Graphics... in my old comp it was a basic internal chip and I could only have the barest minimum on the settings, however it worked fine. With this borrowed comp its a listed "non trialled" card, which works but doesn't render. It basically until I can get the old comp fixed as this one is not worth buying a new card for, the system is so unstable.
Actually, bitchin about SL, when are they going to update their graphics requirements page? It says nothing about Windows 7 or better graphic cards than the ones listed and from what I have gleaned on forums is that some people haven't been able to get into SL on brand new computers, which kinda sucks, they need to stop worrying about bloody content hijacking and make the damn program accessible to more people. Theres my rant for the day :pt1cable: 
m
l
!