Looking for a gaming case

Hello friends

How do you all see the Lian Li PC A77F as a gaming cabinet.?? I am trying to put together my gaming rig and the only part on which i am not able to come to a stand still is the case.. My build is a X58 setup comprising of an i7 930 CPU, two GTX 480's, xonar d2x audio card, a raid card, two optical drives and four hard drives.. I am gearing towards using the thermaltake spinq vt as the CPU cooler to add some jazz look.. Obviously (if you guys approve the lian li) I'll be going for a transparent side panel and most probably will paint (or powder coat) the interior black.. But are there better option available.? Price is not an issue.. Also, silverstone cabinets are not available with the local dealers so i need to stay with choices from Antec, CoolerMaster, Thermaltake, NZXT and Lian Li..

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head.. I was confirmed on getting the Lian Li until i saw this very case.. It has all the features (probably more) but its just that i find the HAF series very ugly (pardon me HAF fans).. But somehow i find the HAF-X somewhat attractive..

ares1214

Splendid
same here. i wasnt disgusted by the HAF 932, but i didnt find it very good looking. then the 922 was just a short and stubby looking version. then the HAF X came out, and something about it made it look good. i like the black inside too :lol: and yeah, HAF X wins for value, $80 less than the Corsair 800D, all the feature, better cooling, usb 3.0, 180$ less than the Lian Li, all the features, same or more cooling, usb 3.0. at 200 bucks, its a pretty amazing deal, it just cut off half the case market.

mspisz

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Lian Li PC A77F is quite overpriced, as said above if you can buy HAF tank case go for it, great new case that will last youf or long time.

I was goign to get Haf x for my build but wasnt awaible in UK yet so I went for CM Storm Sniper http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/chassis/sniperblackmesh/images/ Nice big gaming case, black interior from coolermaster and not as expensive as Lian Li

or if you got a lot of monies to spend then contact these guys to make u one of those http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5g07YGZCK8

ares1214

Splendid

im using the storm sniper BE for my next build, i love that case. however, it seems he has a pretty high budget for the case, so the HAF X would be better.

Priceless suggestions.. Thank you all.. My current current gaming rig (C2D E6750 overclocked to 3.2 GHz, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, ATI Radeon HD 4870 1 GB courtesy Palit, Antec True Power 2.0 550W and few other stuff) is housed into an Antec TX 1050B.. I've no cooling complaints whatsoever even with a single 120mm rear fan.. And i too was looking for the Sniper BE but it is not going to be available here as told by my local dealer.. How different is the normal edition compared to the BE.? Also, am a little skeptical about dust being an effect because of the open mesh design.. I recently finished my workstation build with a Lian Li PC A70F.. The case is very impressive and thus i thought of another Lian Li for the gaming rig..

mspisz

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
get it from online store... if your from UK then try www.scan.co.uk otherwise I dunno...

BE Sniper is black inside which is a just little feature... a lot of modern gaming cases these days do black interior because it looks pretty cool.
Behind the mesh there is a dust filter so it catches the dust.

BE is just more awesome than original

freezed1

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Dude, listen go with the corsair 700/800, you will not be disappointed. I needed a new case so i thought about it for a good week and decided that i will buy a Haf x, so i went to my local micro center looked at the Haf X and right next to it was a corsair 700 Went for the corsair in a heartbeat. It is so refined i could not find a flaw in it, it is so well thought and organized; its phenomenal. I have used many lian li in past and also coolermaster, but with obsidian you will not go wrong :)

thefivetheory

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
+1 on the HAF X. I just moved my system into one and it's fantastic, especially at its price. Also, since you're getting two GTX 480s, apparently CM worked with Nvidia to design the GPU air duct for the case, which should help keep your temps down. Also, as already pointed out, it has USB 3.0 ports on the front panel which is nice if your mobo has it. Overall it's a fantastic case.

The 800D seems overly understated.. And I've come across various reviews stating it good with water cooling setups which i do not plan on employing.. So as of now it looks like the HAF-X is the ultimate gaming case.. Much thanks to all of you.. Now all is left is to give the HAF-X a personal audition and come back with my personal opinion and also select the best answer..

freezed1

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
wow this is interesting...well its all up to you, but i told you i wanted to buy haf x and thought about it over a week and ended up with a corsair. They are both good cases its just about your taste and features you are looking for. I have seen both in person and let me tell you that build quality of the Corsair surpasses the haf in every way which made me change my mind. GL anyway, make sure you go somewhere they have both cases for a side by side comparison. btw i purchased the corsair 700d for the same price as the Haf x...199$
:)

I'd surely do that.. Don't get me wrong though with my statement for the obsidian being very much understated.. I am well aware of its quality.. I compared it (800D) against the Lian Li PC A70F for my workstation build.. Ended up getting the Lian Li though..

mspisz

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
corsair 700d is a nice case indeed, with great cable management but it doesnt have great airflow compared to coolermaster cases especially HAF X. So if your considering to keep your gaming case to stay cool High Air Flow X is better choice.
but if you are looking for a sleek look then go with teh corsair.

My apologies for taking such a long time.. It has been two very busy weeks for me.. Meanwhile, i got the opportunity to get few of the cases and had my rig cycled through all of them.. Few observations i made were -

Best setup neatness - Corsair 800D
Best cooling (default setup) - CM Storm Sniper
Best overall quality - Lian-Li PC A77F
Best practical features - CM Storm Sniper

The ugliest looker - CM HAF-X
The noisiest - None worth mentioning
The costliest - Corsair 800D
The best with price - CM HAF-X

The CM Storm Sniper is the best of the lot whereas the Lian-Li case is the one anybody would be proud to own.. Oh BTW, i've ended up with the Lian-Li..