hi , can anyone tell me the safe working temp for a gts 250 , i'm having probs , just started to play bfbc2 and my graphics freeze then i have system shutdown i'm running realtemp in the background and getting around 70c after 30 mins ,
Sound drivers. I spoke with ASUS, EA, and NVIDIA. They all say the same thing for the "freeze" issue.
***"IT'S THE AUDIO DRIVERS"***
I have read several ways to fix this, but this little process worked for me.
(It makes sense if you really want to replace the old drivers and fix the conflict with BFBC2.)
1) Uninstall all audio hardware in Device Manager. Opt "YES" when it asks if you want to delete the drivers.
2) Turn off your computer and add the PCI sound card. I used a Creative Labs card, an old one.
3) Turn on the computer and reinstall the drivers for the sound card. If you have Windows 7, you will notice that it will try to reinstall the on board audio. This is okay because it has to go looking for the drivers now. You will notice that after this is done, the drivers will no longer be the previous NVIDIA drivers, but something more generic.
4) Reinstall BFBC2 with these new driver settings for audio.
5) Restart the computer, for the drivers' sake.
6) Play BFBC2 with the recomended settings for resolution and graphics.
(I have not tested this yet on high resolution/graphics settings, but so far this works.)
I plan to test the higher settings later this week, or tonight if I get impatient.
I did all of this and I was able to play last night for a couple of hours when before I could not play for even 20 minutes!
- AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core Processor 2.50GHz, 4MB Cache, 2000MHz
- ASUS M4N78 PRO Motherboard
- Corsair XMS2 4GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz - 2x2048MB
- ASUS ENGTS250 DK/DI/1G GeForce GTS 250 Video Card - 1024MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0,
- Windows 7 - 64 Bit Operating System
If this works for you, add me as a friend in game! (name is the same as here)
thanx for the info , i had same prob with assassins creed 2 as i did with bfbc2 , i was informed it was down to fragments of previous graphics drivers , i had to reformat remove my sound card and do a new install , when it came to auto down loading the graphics driver i cancelled and got newest from nvidia and use onboard sound , so far with assassins creed 2 upto 1920x1080 no probs , tryin bfbc2 tonite
- intel E5400 @2.7 ghz
-asus p5ql se mobo
-team extreem dark ddr2 1066 , 1 gb x 2
-palit geforce gts 250
-windows vista 64 bit os