GA-P35-DS4 POSTS and then reboots

roo-ster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
I have a mis-behaving GA-P35-DS4 (Version 2.0). I can get into the BIOS and adjust any settings I want, but as soon as it completes the POST process, it reboots -- endlessly.

My Q6600 CPU died recently and I couldn't find a replacement so I bought a new, retail E8400. The motherboard is running BIOS version F14 (This proc has been supported since F11). I have stripped the system to the bare minimum to eliminate as many variables as possible but it can't even boot to a CD. I've removed the hard drives, swapped the memory, cleared the CMOS and tried both the 'last known good' and default CMOS settings.

I have no way to know if the motherboard is bad but if it is, there are very few socket 775 mobos available these days and I need one with an Intel ICH9R South Bridge as my data is one two striped drives.

I would welcome any suggestions of what I might try. Worst case, please suggest an available motherboard that I can use as a replacement.

Cheers,
Roo-ster

roo-ster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011

Thanks Scout. I couldn't find one that would work with my existing RAID array so I bought a new GA-P35-DS4 on e-Bay. I hope that solves it.

Thanks,
Roo-ster