Sign in with
Your question

My 4GB micro SD card for my phone won\'t work.

Last response: in Storage
June 10, 2012 11:02:24 PM

I've used my 4GB micro SD memory card before without any problem, but it won't work now. When I go to Memory Management (in my Samsung cell phone), the "Memory card details" is not active, only "Clear Phone Memory"and "Used space". Is the memory card too old and went bad?
a b G Storage
June 11, 2012 12:16:34 AM

did you format the SD card in the computer? I would reformat the card in the phone.
m
l
June 11, 2012 1:19:12 AM

anonymous1 said:
did you format the SD card in the computer? I would reformat the card in the phone.

Last time I used it to transfer photos and videos to my computer was last summer, and that wasn't the first time I did it. What I mean by that is that the memory card was already formatted, and I believe I formatted it in the phone. Even if I wanted to reformat it, it's as if the phone doesn't recognize it. Like I said, the words "Manage Memory Card" are not active --they appear in a light gray color in my phone screen, whereas "Clear Phone Memory"and "Used space" are in dark black. I don't want to clear the memory since I'm afraid I'd loose all my data.
m
l
a b G Storage
June 11, 2012 8:43:13 AM

Are you able to backup all the data? You can turn on hidden files and folders on your computer and let your computer read the SD card. You may be able to see other files that are hidden in there such as a trash file or other folders that may have been created. Those can be deleted safely. But make sure you backup before deleting any files.
m
l
Related resources
!